GL-MT300N-V2 does not recognize 4g modem ZTE MF79U

Hi Community,

I am new here and would need your support. :slightly_smiling_face:

I recently bought a GL-MT300N-V2 and a 4g modem ZTE MF79U for usb port. I read on some resources in the internet and on Amazon that it works with this router, but seems not.

The usb modem is working properly on my PC, but it is not recognized at all on the router when plugged in. It is not appearing on the UI.

I updated the GL-MT300N-V2 to firmware to 3.216, which is shown as the latest stable version, but no difference.

Does Someone experience the same and solved it successfully?

Thanks! :blush:

Try using the ZTE MF79U as tethering, instead of modem. The ZTE MF79U may be configured for tethering.

I do not work for and I am not directly associated with GL.iNet

Ok. Thanks!
The router is offering me tethering mode. I was able to connect, so internet is now working.
But it is not the ideal setup. Is there another way to reconfigure it for modem mode? Even in OpenWRT wit extended options?
Would be really cool if there is another solution

I believe the mode is dependent on the ZTE MF79U itself, not on the GL.iNet router. You can check if there is configuration on the ZTE MF79U settings. If not, you can contact ZTE to ask whether they have firmware that supports modem. I suspect that only tethering mode will work on this device.