GL-MT300N-V2 Error: Time Out

I used the MAC clone feature, but am still timing out. I’m guessing, as panpan pointed out, it’s a hardware limitation?

I tried another router Vixmini which has same chipset (MTK7628 SoC) like GL-MT300N-V2. The mac clone also works. There’re many Xfinitywifi spots near my place. I also found 2.4GHz wifi near me.

Maybe you can try this way:

1. Ensure your phone can connect to Xfinitywifi successfully first. Check the data flow, ensure you see download and upload statistics on you phone.
  2. Use your laptop to connect to GL-MT300N-v2. Then go to "More settings > Custom DNS server > DNS Rebinding Attack Protection " to turn off the option.
  3. Make the router connect to Xfinitywifi wirelessly. Meanwhile, you need to keep your phone is still connecting to Xfinitywifi, like watching a Youtube video. Because sometimes power saving mode of the phone will cut the connected wifi when you’re not using it.
  4. Go to your phone’s settings, find the MAC address. Copy the MAC address to the router (“More settings > Clone MAC address”) and apply.
  5. When the connection is stable, you can cut the connection between your phone and the Xfinitywifi now. Therefore, your router can act like your phone to connect to the wifi hotspot.
  6. Go to "More settings > Custom DNS server > DNS Rebinding Attack Protection " to turn on the option back.

I also did a speed test.