GL-MT300N-V2 impossible debrick with fastboot (it doesn't start :( )

Good Morning,

I’ve tried to update the MT-300N-V2 with this firmware: openwrt-18.06.5-ramips-mt76x8-gl-mt300n-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

but seems to be bricked…

so I’m trying to recover the router with fast boot functionality, but seems impossible:

• Lan Cable in WAN port + reset pressed + power on, releasing the reset button after 3 blink: nothing happen (lan manually configured on 192.168.1.2)

• Lan Cable in WAN port + reset pressed + power on, releasing the reset button after 5 blink: nothing happen (lan manually configured on 192.168.1.2)

• Lan Cable in LAN port + reset pressed + power on, releasing the reset button after 3 blink: nothing happen (lan manually configured on 192.168.1.2)

• Lan Cable in LAN port + reset pressed + power on, releasing the reset button after 5 blink: nothing happen (lan manually configured on 192.168.1.2)

how i can do to enter in fastboot interface recovering my router?

thank you for your help

Luke

Follow the guide here:

I’ve tryed also with this guide… watching videos… but nothing happen…

I’ve made a video

Video

can anyone help me?

In the video you didn’t set the default gateway also.
Set IP to 192.168.1.2 and gateway to 192.168.1.1 and see if it works :slight_smile:

I’ve tryed with your suggestion…

but won’t work again…

Video II

I checked your video.

You need to keep holding the reset button until the middle LED light up.

Tryed also in this way, but won’t start

(via lan or wan is the same)

Video III

Pls don’t use ping, it will not answer your ping.

Just use web browser to access the url

but the network icon as shown in the left (near the clock) said no connexion with the router. (network not connected)

I’ve tryed also via browser and no connection

I had similar experience. I pressed the reset button and released after six blinks. Be sure and change the IP as indicated in instructions. I got it to work. Be persistent.

I’ve tried 100 times … this router blink max 5 times… I’ve tried with ip 192.168.1.2 configured before start the procedure, and after

Nothing change

I saw your video. You put patch cable in wan port instead of putting it in the lan port that’s why you can’t log in to Uboot. You should also keep default gateway blank in tcp settings.

If you see all my videos I’ve tried both lan connection with the same results… wan or lan produce same results :frowning:

Then try using different patch cable.

Also make sure to use the included power brick or one that can supply at least 2amps. As Plupy wrote, maybe you have a bad lan cable.

Seems you finally got the procedure correct. But if still not successful maybe just change another computer and lan cable.

The uboot itself should be all the same.

FWIW with my AR150 I let the red led blink six(6) times before releasing the reset button, works every time.