GL-MT300N-V2 Repeater on public wifi

I have a GL-MT300N-V2 and I want to connect it wirelessly to a public wifi network and then connect several clients wirelessly to it in order to share the internet connection of the public wifi.
I am following the instructions but the MT300N will not connect to the public wifi, it just times out.
The public wifi is Proximus public wifi in Belgium and I have an account to use this, it requires a username and password to join, both of which I put into the MT300N, if I connect my laptop directly to the public wifi using the login details it will connect without issue, so I know the login is good.
I am assuming there is a setting or or mode or something that I am not setting correctly, or is it possible the public wifi is blocking the attempt of the router to connect.
Any help would be much appreciated.

My first guess would be your Laptop MAC is registered and the credentials are now blocked for time x …
If this is true, you can try the ‘MAC Clone’ setting of your MT300N.

I think you may be out of luck if it’s an EAP connection: Extensible Authentication Protocol - GL.iNet Docs

1 Like

The GL-MT300N-V2 router does not support EAP, so best to buy a different model:

I do not work for and I do not have formal association with GL.iNet

Thanks everyone for your help and replies, very much appreciated. I’ve just ordered a GL-AR300M hopefully that will solve it, I will post back here if it does work.

Thanks again

Well that solved the issue, needed a different router. The GL-AR300M connected almost immediately.
Thanks again for all the help.