[GL-MT300N-V2] Settings for Bypassing VPN Connection

Hardware:
GL-MT300N-V2 OpenWrt 18.06.1 r7258-5eb055306f / LuCI openwrt-18.06 branch (git-18.228.31946-f64b152) based on FW: 3.105
updated on 3.201: OpenWrt 19.07.7 r11306-c4a6851c72 / LuCI openwrt-19.07 branch git-21.044.30835-34e0d65

Hello Folks,

I setup an OPENVPN client connection over the Glinet-Interface and with port opening for incoming connections with a small custom Rule over luci iinterface. Any other setups are still untouched, so its default.

For Testing i need to bypass the VPN Connection so that the incoming/outgoing connections going through normal WAN and not more over the vpn connection.

So what i have to do to modify to do this.

best regards

I’m a little unclear on what you mean here. If you have created an OpenVPN client to a server somewhere else, the client and server will negotiate a few things. Usually the server will push a route to the client, so that the client will know to send traffic across the tunnel to that server. Usually the server will also push a default gateway to the client as well, so the client will send all traffic that is not local across the tunnel. If you want a split tunnel, then your client should be set up to ignore the server’s pushing of the default gateway. Is that what you want?

On the other hand, if there is something about incoming connections to the router, I don’t follow how that would bring the OpenVPN client into play unless the connection is coming through the OpenVPN server.

You can use the VPN Policy to set bypass rule:

1 Like

Hello
Thanks for ur Answers

I have figure out, that the killswitch mechanism and the VPN Policy one is now working properly on my Router.
So i dont need to modify openvpn anymore , but for gain more konwledge

@elorimer:

The incoming connections are RPF-Forwarded on the server side and reforwared form router to client too.
How i can ignore the default gateway ?

best regards

In the client configuration, include pull-filter ignore redirect-gateway.

When the client pulls from the server the configuration options, it ignores the instruction to redirect the existing default gateway to the server as a default gateway.

1 Like