GL-MT300N-V2 USB tether bridge to ethernet?

Thanks for the quick reply!
Yes, that’s correct. A more detailed layout is this:

PCs and other devices <–wired and wireless connections–> Main Router <–ethernet cable–> MT300NV2 <–usb cable–> 4G LTE Modem

The PCs and other devices that connect to the main router are set up with static IPs, though the main router does have it’s DHCP server enabled for the occasional device that might connect and isn’t set up with a static address. The cable between the main router and the MT300NV2 is plugged into the main router’s WAN port, and the MT300NV2’s LAN port. The main router get’s it’s WAN IP from the MT300NV2, and is 192.168.8.xxx. The 4G model is set up as a new connection in the MT300NV2 as “tethered”. The 4G modem tethers the same as an Android phone, it identifies as a RNDIS device. The MT300NV2 gets a WAN IP address via DHCP from the 4G modem.

The reason I would like to bridge the MT300NV2 is to get rid of the extra NAT, with the PCs and other devices being behind two routers.

I want to keep the main router functioning normally for a couple of reasons. I have a wired gigabit network in the house, and would like to keep that up if possible. I also want to keep the routing functions in the main router because I use it’s QoS features to limit the bandwidth on some of my PCs. Being on a mobile network, I have to watch my data consumption and keep it within reasonable limits.

If possible I would like to have the MT300NV2 “transparent” so the 4G modem gives the WAN IP address straight to the main router, and performs no routing/NAT functions. I only need it to interface the USB tether to the ethernet cable.

I looked in LuCI, but wasn’t able to find what you suggested.