Gl-mt300n-v2: Vanishing password input box

Hey guys,
I am staying in a hotel apartment and when I select the SSID the password input box vanishes. This does not happen when i select other SSID’S that are available. Any thoughts?

Firmware: OpenWrt 18.06.1 r7258-5eb055306f / LuCI openwrt-18.06 branch (git-18.196.56128-9112198)
Software 3.22. (Same issue with 3.12)
Note: The main router is physically in the apartment that I am trying to connect to and use as a repeater.
Thanks in advance.

can you send a screenshot of the password input box vanishes?

Thanks. Also, I have updated the software to 3.26 with no change.

Does the hotel SSID have captive portal? you can refer to the documentation in Connect to Captive Portal - GL.iNet Docs

Thanks. They do not have a captive portal and I tried that solution several times. The hotel/apt. router is physically located in the apartment and I have access to it.

I can connect the router to the 300N using a cable. Can I take advantage of that option?
FYI. I am able to connect to my friends router with ease.

Do you have a password input box for the hotel SSID connecting with your mobile phone?

Yes. No problems there. Phones, laptops identifies SSID, password and connects immediately.

Hi,Jay
Please confirm whether there are multiple SSIDs with the same name , encrypted and unencrypted.

Thanks. Nope. I don’t see it in the SSID drop down or when I do a site scan. However, I will double check the unencrypted bit again.

Does the hotel area has both encrypted and unencrypted SSIDs?

Yes. They do. Currently I am in South East Asia and I see the same issue. It is apparent to me the device/software is malfunctioning. The router has failed miserably when I required it the most. Well, I have given up hope of finding a solution- will be tossing it into my junk box when I get home.