GL-MV1000 support for NetGear A6210 AC1200 Wifi USB stick?

Hi,
this website reported that the NetGear A6210 AC1200 is working if the driver from the kmod-mt76x2u package is installed.

Unfortunately the package can’t be found … was it removed? If yes why? How to get the driver?

ty,
Oliver

It is still there. Pls do remember to update the repo.

Strange the package is not found if I type in mt76x2 in the Plug-Ins GL GUI.
I use GL-MV1000 release of GL-iNet GUI is 3.203.

I logged in via ssh and executed opkg list | grep *mt76* that showed me the packages.
I installed it with opkg install kmod-mt76x2

There is also a kmod-mt76 meta package available but I’m uncertain if this is required for the Wifi USB stick?!

I installed the meta package opkg install kmod-mt76 but if I connect the Wifi USB stick it is not showing up in the GL-GUI nor is it recognized as network device (ip l).

What is missing? Why isn’t the stick working as described?

lsusb shows Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0846:9053 NetGear, Inc.

The Wifi dongle works out-of-the-box on my arch linux system … seams to be an issue with the GL-MV1000 firmware?

I clicked the Update button on the Plug-ins page on my GL-MV1000W with Firmware 3.203 and then 3 mt76x2 packages showed up.

You should try installing the kmod-mt76x2u package as referenced in the website URL.

I do not work for and I do not have formal association with GL.iNet

1 Like

ty, that worked - at least ip l lists the wifi device.

Unfortunately the GL.iNET GUI does not recognize the new wireless device - no menu item ‘wireless’ is displayed.
Is some additional package missing (I’ve had removed the kmod-mt76 meta package)?

If not already done so, try rebooting the router because I think that happened to me once. You can also look in LuCI UI → Network → Wireless, instead of the GL.iNet UI.

I did a reboot - no success.
Which firmware version do you use?

The website URL has:

iw phy shows the new wireless device. Then, rm /etc/config/wireless; wifi; wifi config will create a new configuration file.

I have the same Firmware 3.202 and use the TP-Link T2U Plus that is also on that website URL.

rm /etc/config/wireless, wifi and wifi config did not solve the problem.
The GL-GUI still doesn’t show the wireless section…

Things never seem to work the way they should! :frowning_face:

Can you post the /etc/config/wireless file?

EDIT: Did you also run iw phy first?

I gave up - I use now a TP-Link T2U Plus that works out-of-the-box.
(I wrote an email to the customer support asking for support for the Netlink Wifi USB stick - no repsonse…)

ty, for your help

1 Like