GL-MV1000W as a cascaded router to Fritzbox

Hello, everyone.

I want to operate the Gl-MV1000W in router mode behind a VSDL2 Fritzbox router and have set up the Brume as a cascaded router. Here’s what I noticed:

• Although the Brume receives an IPv6 address via DHCPv6, Trace6 and Ping6 look successful, clients running at the Brume via LAN /WLAN are logged in, do not access public IPv6 addresses.

The following prerequisites are met:

• Fritzbox 7590 on VDSL connection (dual stack/with public IPv4 address and IPv6)
  • Brume over WAN on the LAN of the Fritzbox
  • Brume as a router that spans its own network (192.168.8.0)
  • DHCPv6 activated in Brume.
  • Brume is set up as an exposed host in the Fritzbox router

I don’t have an explanation for the misconduct, but I guess:

• Then the brume should (a) not request a prefix via DHCPv6, or (b) not enter the received prefix correctly, or (c) do not offer router advertisements internally.

As I lack sufficient IPv6 knowledge, I need your support.

Screenshots

Mit besten Grüßen
Frank

Deutsch ist eine hier selten gesehene und vmt. auch nicht zahlreich verstandene Sprache. Am besten sind deine Chancen auf Support wohl wenn du Englisch schreibst oder Chinesisch.

Wenn du Hilfe bei der Übersetzung benötigst, kannst du das recht ordentlch mit deepl.com erledigen. Der Übersetzer ist erheblich besser als z.B. der Google Übersetzer.

Aber mal bei der Gelegenheit. Wenn du eine FB mit der 7.25 Beta oder 7.25 Release software und dazu einen GL Router mit der 3.201 Firmware. Verwendest du dann wenn du das überprüfst, obwohl du im FL Router Cloudflare einstellst und VPN verwendetest, in Wirklichkeit einen DNS Server der bei dir um die Ecke liegt und nicht einen der in der Nähe des von dir verwendeten VPN Tummel Ausgangspunktes liegt ?

Hallo @Henry_Bruns

Thanks for the tip. I whistle my text through the translator:grinning:.
I have not yet activated a VPN client/server on the Brume / set up. I already have the “misconduct” in pure router mode. The FW 3.105 is currently running on the Brume router as a current “stock” release. I couldn’t memorize an image with FW 3.201 on the gl-inet server. The Fritzbox router runs with the current 07.25 release (FRITZ! OS) .

Beste Grüße

3.201 snapshot should be found here

https://dl.gl-inet.com/firmware/snapshots/3.201_beta6/

@alzhao , Thank you, now it seems to work again with IPv6 requests.

Best regards