I want to operate the Gl-MV1000W in router mode behind a VSDL2 Fritzbox router and have set up the Brume as a cascaded router. Here’s what I noticed:
- Although the Brume receives an IPv6 address via DHCPv6, Trace6 and Ping6 look successful, clients running at the Brume via LAN /WLAN are logged in, do not access public IPv6 addresses.
The following prerequisites are met:
- Fritzbox 7590 on VDSL connection (dual stack/with public IPv4 address and IPv6)
- Brume over WAN on the LAN of the Fritzbox
- Brume as a router that spans its own network (192.168.8.0)
- DHCPv6 activated in Brume.
- Brume is set up as an exposed host in the Fritzbox router
I don’t have an explanation for the misconduct, but I guess:
- Then the brume should (a) not request a prefix via DHCPv6, or (b) not enter the received prefix correctly, or (c) do not offer router advertisements internally.
As I lack sufficient IPv6 knowledge, I need your support.
Mit besten Grüßen