GL-S200 thread IPV6 routing problem

Hello,

I test a STM32 nucleo WB55 thread board and are not able to reach external IPV6 server from inside of the created thread network. All my devices appear in the “Thread Topologies” of teh GL-S200 and I’m able to send message inside the network but when I try an exernel IPV6 the border router don’t route de message. I don’t see any error log file except some times “Failed to discover infraif NAT64 prefix: Drop”, is it linked ? How can I debug my problem and see more log on your router ? I tested my external Coap ipv6 server with other coap client and it is reacheable on the internet.

Do you have perhaps some debug ideas ?

Thanks,

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

Which backbone interface have you selected? You can check this in web THREAD MESH → Advanced → Backbone Router

Thanks,
kelly

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for reply.

The interface is eth0.

On the first page Internet → Ethernet is see that the router is waiting continuously for a IPV6 gateway ip “Getting….”

I try also to ping my ipv6 server destination ( in the openwrt session ) but with a “ ping: sendto: Permission denied”; ping an ipv4 is working well.

I suppose the problem is a routing problem and I need to specify the IPV6 gateway myself or some other IPV6 parameters ?

Do you have some document or similar post to explain what I need to do ?

Thanks a lot .

Nicolas

I tested also with “br-lan” but then the gateway don’t receive an IPV6 , only a IPV4 ( Internet → Ethernet )

Got a reply from openthread that you cannot access global ipv6 now.

1 Like

Ok and Is it possible to access global IPV4 from inside the thread network ? It’s related to NAT64 ? Is it working on your border router, because I have such message “Failed to discover infraif NAT64 prefix: Drop”. Where can I found the NAT64 prefix to use ?

For the newbie as me, to get the NAT64 prefix connect to GL-S200 and input this command to see all routes: “ot-ctl netdata show” . The route ending with /96 is the NAT64 prefix. When concatenated with an IPV4 you can reach global IPV4 servers.
@gl-inet it should be interesting to display this NAT64 prefix in the WEB admin page ;-).