GL-SFT1200 basic File Sharing

Updated to 4.3.7 beta firmware to fix a “not reconnecting to router” repeater issue.

Simply need to have basic external usb file sharing working.

Why was this removed and how can I restore it and continue to use the beta firmware. It’s the main reason I purchased and have been using this router,

Thank you,

Rick

It was removed because of memory constraints vs the new features. If you need network storage you’ll have to downgrade to 3x firmware. There is no other way.

There is/was a long thread about installing it after the fact.

You should reconsider why you buy an router :wink:
It’s not the main function and nothing more than „nice to have“

Need to read/write data within the network? Use an NAS instead.

Need to share USB ports? Go with an USB-Ethernet-device then. (f. e. one manufacturer could be SEH)

Do you happen to have a link or can you just point at something and say “there”?

I have 2 1300’s on 4.3.7 and I’d like to enable that feature just for the sake of having it but not needing it…

You can install them manually by installing them manually on the plug-ins page

gl-sdk4-ui-nasview
    shadow-useradd
    samba4-server
    samba4-utils
    kmod-usb-storage-uas

or via SSH

opkg update

opkg install gl-sdk4-webdav gl-sdk4-nas-exfat gl-sdk4-nas-utils gl-sdk4-nas-web gl-sdk4-ui-nasview samba4-server samba4-libs samba4-utils minidlna blkid kmod-fs-ext4 kmod-fs-ntfs kmod-fs-vfat kmod-fs-exfat kmod-usb-storage-uas ntfs-3g ntfs-3g-utils dosfstools e2fsprogs shadow-common shadow-useradd

1 Like

Thankyou VERY much RotorRick. Much appreciated. No idea how to do that but I’m sure I’ll figure it out right after bricking!

:joy:

Sadly, it doesnt work any longer as the ```
gl-sdk4-ui-nasview is gone from the repo.

Why is the gl-sdk4-ui-nasview gone from the repo? Everything else is still there and the installs work fine.

Anyone have the file.

RotorRick

Good job I didn’t brick my router :joy:

Deleted? Why is that?

Because I was stupid. :sweat_smile:

Ahh. OK. That I understand.

Hello. Any updates on this topic? Would you have the file to enable it again?