GL-X750 + Sierra Wireless MC7455

I have changed the EP-06-E to a Sierra Wireless MC7455 module with the original software. The device shows me the right network, has a connection, but no data comes. I have tried a second GL-X750 with GoldenOrb with the same module - no problem, it runs out of the box. It seems that the MC7455 doesn’t get the right APN. Has anybody a solution for this problem ? I like to work with the original software…

Hello!
Only for curiosity. Why did you switch to Sierra MC7455? They are both Cat6 I think.

Edit: May be for that? Coverage for the Americas and EMEA on a single card and cat6?

The MC7455 I can use all over the world, the EP06-E only in Europe. And the MC7455 brings around 10-20% more speed…

OK, thank you. :+1: :+1:

Cannot the APN be set in the UI?

Hi, any luck setting up an x750 with the MC7455?

You can post some details, e.g. does the MC7455 get recogonized? Driver loaded? The UI see it or not?

Hi, thanks for responding. The modem is recognized but fails to connect in GL-inet UI. I tried rooter firmware, modem was recognized but seems to repeatedly reset before it can connect. The MC7455 was taken from a cradlepoint device, not sure what drivers have been loaded to it and I’m suspecting that might be what is required. I switched back to an EC-25 for the moment but I can put the MC2455 back in to troubleshoot it. Using Verizon sim. Any advice as to how to move forward would be much appreciated, thank you!

If the modem is recoginized then the driver should be ok. But still need to check in more details.

But Verizon SIM may be a problem. Do you use the same SIM to test using this modem in Cradlepoint?

I hadn’t really used the modem in the cradlepoint much but I did put my Verizon sim in, turned it on for a few minutes and it never successfully connected to the network. I had assumed it didn’t connect because of a poor physical connection in the sim tray since I didn’t have a good adapter to fit in the cradlepoint’s full size sim tray.
Are you saying that the modem might not work on the Verizon network with my sim? It’s the same sim I’ve been using with an EC25 in the x750 for a long time.
Let me know if you have anymore suggestions,
Thank you!

Pls check the band of MC7455 to see if has the band for Verizon network which you use on EC25.

Or try clone the IMEI from your phone or the EC25 to the MC7455.

I tried manually setting band as well as cloning imei, both returned with “command failed” despite the GL UI saying “success” above.
I do remember that in cell info it did show it found band 13 which is correct, but always showed “could not be registered, check apn etc.”

Then it seems a compatibility problem with this modem.

Meaning between the modem and the x750 or with this modem and Verizon network? I have seen a few examples of people using the same modem in an x750, and If I recall I saw at least one example of someone using it with either the Verizon or Visible network… they may have been using ROOTER firmware, but I didn’t have any more luck with that myself.
I think I’ll keep searching for a little while before I give up, I really need to get CA working here and this is the modem I have.
Think I’ll find anyone who’d be willing to trade an EP-06 for this MC7455? :man_shrugging:
Anyways, thanks a ton for trying to help. I do appreciate it.