GL-X750 Spits. v3.105, broken LuCI Advanced menu

I’ve recently upgraded to v3.105 on my Spitz and have noted the Advanced menu (GL UI → More Settings → Advanced) for LuCI is now broken.

I have reverted to factory defaults and it restores LuCI but after a reboot or two it will error again, despite me leaving the configuration unchanged.

I downgraded to v3.104 and the problem is not present, it all works fine but I need the updated libssl and libcrypto libraries for my OpenVPN implementation.

Error I’m getting in LuCI when trying to access the Advanced menu:

/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:230: /etc/config/luci seems to be corrupt, unable to find section > ‘main’
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘assert’
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:230: in function ‘dispatch’
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:127: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:126>

Contents of /etc/config/luci:

root@GL-X750:~# cat /etc/config/luci

config core ‘main’
option mediaurlbase ‘/luci-static/bootstrap’
option resourcebase ‘/luci-static/resources’
option lang ‘en’

config extern ‘flash_keep’
option uci ‘/etc/config/’
option dropbear ‘/etc/dropbear/’
option openvpn ‘/etc/openvpn/’
option passwd ‘/etc/passwd’
option opkg ‘/etc/opkg.conf’
option firewall ‘/etc/firewall.user’
option uploads ‘/lib/uci/upload/’

config internal ‘languages’

config internal ‘sauth’
option sessionpath ‘/tmp/luci-sessions’
option sessiontime ‘3600’

config internal ‘ccache’
option enable ‘1’

config internal ‘themes’
option Bootstrap ‘/luci-static/bootstrap’

config internal ‘apply’
option rollback ‘30’
option holdoff ‘4’
option timeout ‘5’
option display ‘1.5’

config internal ‘diag’
option dns ‘openwrt.org
option ping ‘openwrt.org
option route ‘openwrt.org

root@GL-X750:~#

Restarting the rpcd service doesn’t resolve. Any ideas?

As a workaround is there a way to upgrade libssl.so.1.0.0 and libcrypto.so.1.0.0 from versions 1.0.0 to 1.1.0 in fimrware version 3.104?

I had the same problem weeks ago when I tried it. Same as you 3.104 works fine. Running rooter/goldenorb 19.07.6 snapshot pre-release for awhile and working great. I just wanted something with more current security until when/if the gl firmware gets fixed. One other issue I noticed with the 3.105 is it seemed to make the unit run hotter.

Same problem here.

sgoshe - is the glx750 supported by rooter? How straight forward was reflashing it? Any loss of functionality?

Supporting it for awhile now. Official release is last year 18 series version. They’re testing the 19 series now and have snapshots posted. I’m running latest snapshot 19.07.6 dated 2021-03-09. No loss in functionality that I’m aware of. If tethering have to switch modem in Modem>Network Status>General. Need flash using Uboot.

No reply from GL mods? Has this issue been confirmed?

As said by @sgoshe, pls use the snapshot version 3.201 and the ssl library are fine.