GL-X750 Upgrade from EC25-AF to EP06-A (or MC7455) worth it?

Currently using a GL-X750 with an EC25-AF and getting about 18Mbps down with Tmobile.

Is it worth the upgrade to an EP06-A(or MC7455)? Would I potentially double my speed with CA?

Are there any US vendors that have it in stock?

Yes, it’s possible, also I upgraded my X750 to a more powerful modem (Telit LM940, Class11), I have some issues (power consumption, is a QMI “raw-IP” device, I need to “patch” de system to get IP on the interface, no works well with PPP-3g, etc) but I get faster speeds than a Class6 modem.
With the Class6 I got between 30/40Mbps with Verizon, with the class 11 (support Carrier Aggregation in 2 bands) I got 70/40 with Verizon and 80/40 on AT&T.
also, for my experience (Miami), T-Mobile performs worse than other operators with all modems that I tried.

1 Like

EP06-A arriving next week. Any tips on the modem swap?

@RichP

Be very careful with the UFL anteanne connectors taking the old ones off and the new ones on. They are very delicate (don’t ask how I know :slight_smile:)

1 Like

Yes, don’t use any tools to remove the u.FL connectors, use fingers and nails only. Even a plastic tool might have too much leverage and pop the connector off the board.

1 Like

Thank you for the Wisdom!

I will not cut my nails for a few days and let you know how it goes next week.

I was able to successfully swap the EC06-A and yes those antenna connectors are a pain!

Sadly, the T-mobile tower near where I am now(small town in New Mexico) only supports CA on B2 +B12 and B12 is DSL slooooow, so B4 or B66 without CA is still faster.

I did get CA working briefly with Visible, but Visible in general is inconsistent.

Will test again when I get back to Austin, TX and possibly on the way back since I have an inverter in my truck.