I have a GL-X750 (EP06-A), I am using a Visible/Verizon SIM. Since I plan on using this setup occasionally while I am on the road for work. When I need it, I plan on taking my SIM card out of my phone, and putting it into the GL-X750V2.
I am reading, tinkering, and testing. I think I have this thing setup the best it can be, but the amount of bandwidth seems weak. My thought was that I can test my setup by streaming some video from YouTube TV. The max resolution I am getting 820xsomething, and a bitrate of 2.2mbps. I am seeing this info in the geek stats in the app from a Roku box. When I do a google internet speed test I am getting around 18mbps up and down. I would expect the resolution to at least hold at 1280x270 with some decent bit rate.
Here is how I configured the GL-X750V2, after updating to the latest firmware.
- I cloned the IMEI.
- AT+QMBNCFG=“List” to find and select the generic one.
- From what I’ve read her on the forums, one band may work better than others. In my testing at my house, band 5 seems to be working the best. Below is what I pulled from the cell info tab.
- Rsrp -91 Good
- Rsrq -11 Good
- Rssi -66 Excellent
- Sinr 22 Excellent
- I have the TTL set at 64, and the MTU set at 1428
- In my testing, /dev/ttyUSB3 seemed to work the best.
- I’ve read that VSBLINTERNET should be the APN, and in other places VZINTERNET should be the APN. I cannot get VSBLINTERNET to work, so I have been using VZINTERNET.
I am looking for some advice.
- Perhaps this is the best this service can do? Maybe I need to try another provider?
- Maybe my testing method is flawed? I have a personal phone with Xfinity mobile service, and running a speed test from my phone in the same spot gets me 75mbps download speed.