GLS-1300 Not Recognizing Internet On WAN Port

I had to do a factory reset while setting up a new GLS-1300, after the factory reset it’s no longer recognizing the incoming internet on the WAN port. I know the incoming internet connection is working because I can plug it into the old router and it works fine. I have toggled the WAN/LAN setting and it has no effect, I still get the no connection error message.

Because it can’t detect the connection I don’t have the option to choose DHCP and release any existing connection. Any help would be appreciated.

Can you ssh to the router and get logs?

dmesg
logread
swconfig dev switch0 show

I was trying to get everything working and setup before I removed the existing router from it’s mounting on a sheet of pegboard, so I took the incoming internet and connected it to a network switch and connected the new router to the switch. For some reason it couldn’t “see” this connection, once I plugged the incoming internet directly into the new router it worked as expected.

1 Like

Is the router connecting to a modem? If yes then you should not connect a switch in between.

Modems checks mac addresses etc. If you change one router, you need to reboot the modem. Sometimes a reboot may not solve the problem immediately and you may need to wait hours for the modem to accept a new router. Or just call your ISP customer service and ask them to reset your modem.