GoodCloud Site2Site not usable when used as VPN client at the same time

GoodCloud can only be used as long as the main node is not also operated as a VPN client to a provider. This should be explicitly stated in the GoodCloud instructions.
Or GoddCloud should act as “main node”, then all other nodes could be VPN clients (via WireGuard) on VPN servers as well as provide internal connections to each other.

You cannot use one node for everything.

1 Like

That’s what I wrote above - a clear hint at the GoodCloud documentation would be helpful and not only here something about “complex”…
Especially since it concerns ONLY the main node!

Yes you are right. Developers will follow up this.

Hello, is there any news regarding Main Node and simultaneous use as a VPN client (WireGuard/OpenVPN)? Is this being considered or is it impossible to do both at the same time?

Or would it be possible to create a main node manually (e.g. AR300M) which is only responsible for the s2s connection?

It is better to use one node only for S2S connection because using everything in one router can mess up the routing tables.

I don’t understand the answer - 1 router is always the main node, as long as it doesn’t use VPN (WireGuard or OpenVPN) the other two routers can use Site2Site. Since my AR300M had to give way to an MT3000, it could take over the main node function, but I can’t set it up manually. However, the MT2500 and MT3000 are supposed to connect to the Internet as WireGuard clients via VPN…
Do I need a solution for this or is it being worked on?

For S2S, you need at least two routers. The two routers should not be used as vpn client and it should be OK.