GoodCloud Some Devices IP Address

Hi… can someone explain me why, on Device List, MT3000 client devices not showing Server IP address, as MT300N-V2 and AR300M are doing?
I can see MT3000 still showing local public IP, instead of remote server public IP.
Don’t know if it is configuration issue, or related to GoodCloud settings.

Thank you

This IP depends on whether the connection between the firmware and the platform is forwarded via MQTT. Whether you have enabled Services From GL.iNet Use VPN on the VPN Dashboard

No, services are not enabled on any of devices, no matter which device model, all are disabled.

VPN not turned on? Doesn’t your remote server mean a VPN server?

Let me make it a little clearer. If you enable the VPN client on the device.

For 4.x firmware (MT3000), when the “Services From GL.iNet Use VPN” option is enabled, the connection between the firmware and GoodCloud is forwarded through the VPN, and GoodCloud shows the address of the VPN server. Otherwise, GoodCloud displays the public IP of the device or the device’s ISP router.

For 3.x firmware (AR300M/MT300N), when the " Use VPN for all process on the router" option is enabled, the connection between the firmware and the GoodCloud is forwarded through the VPN, and the GoodCloud displays the address of the VPN server. Otherwise, GoodCloud displays the public IP of the device or the device’s ISP router.

VPN wireguard is on for all devices, some as a server, and some as clients.
Services From GL.iNet Use VPN are turned off for all devices.

In other words, what you are telling me is, if we want VPN server public IP get displayed as IP for VPN clients on Goodcloud, for MT3000 we need to enable “Services From GL.iNet Use VPN”, is that correct?

Did you enter the client and server in reverse order?
It is make VPN client show the public IP of VPN server on GoodCloud.

Yes, I did both ways and it was showing exactly the same. It only happens when client is MT3000.
Now I notice if I select “Services From GL.iNet Use VPN” on slave MT3000, Goodcloud is displaying server’s public IP as required, but not sure if that selected option will modify device performance.

It doesn’t affect the device itself, but it may affect the functionality of the platform. In addition to latency, and most importantly if you have blocking non-VPN traffic enabled at the same time, you won’t be able to debug remotely through the platform when the VPN client fails.