Happy with my new GL.iNet GL-MT1300 (Beryl)

I recently bought a new gl.inet Beryl because I was looking for a good solution to the problem of security during my internet browsing sessions.

I already had a subscription to VPN Unlimited and I was not happy to use their app in Windows.

So I searched for a way to use my VPN with an hardware level device.

Gl.inet is one of the top players in this field and I tried the Beryl. What a nice device!

It is an excellent router, and all technical specifications are here exactly as described on website, and, last but not least, it is very stable.

It gets new versions and updates regularly, includes professional router features and an easy-to-use interface, and has an advanced administration interface for those with more advanced knowledge of networking.

This firmware contains OpenWrt firmware, so additional packages can be installed from the distribution.

I installed Adguard Home and finally got rid of all annoying ads popping up in browsers! That’s absolutely awesome!

Now I am looking for buying also a Flint, because I will use it in my office!

Thanks.

4 Likes

I would have to agree. My Beryl is doing great as a VPN wireguard Gateway. For the price, beautiful UI, and easy to use; it’s a great device. :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

Can you share how to install Adguard home at GL-MT1300, I also recently bought the device.

In plugin page, refresh repo first and then find “gl-agh-stats”.

Pls note, it take several minutes to install and eat almost all the spare space.

2 Likes