Hardwiring GL-X3000 Spitz AX into RV

Thanks for your suggestions.

We will work with our supplier to design this power cable, firstly with Voltage stabilizing function, supporting 5~40V DC input and 12V output, to avoid high DC input damage Spitz AX or Puli AX. Secondly need a fuse to avoid big amp, 3A?

If you happen to have such power cable, please share the linkage to us.

I just bought this one from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0746GPQH3

It has a 5A fuse built in. I’m glad the Spitz AX accepts such a wide DC voltage range (5V - 40V), as the voltage in our RV ranges from 12V (when the coach batteries are low) to 14.8V (when the alternator is running).

Spitz AX supports 9~36V DC input.

5~40V, I mean whether the power cable needs to add the voltage stabilizing function, supporting 5~40V DC input and 12V output, to avoid exceeding Spitz AX DC range.

Ah, ok, thanks for the clarification. 9~36V will be fine as well in the RV. I’m not too concerned about adding voltage stabilization (e.g., adding a buck converter to the circuit). I’m assuming voltages under 9V are not a problem, and the device will simply not power on. And I’m not concerned about an over-voltage situation. If somehow that ever happens in the RV, I’ll have many more problems to worry about than just replacing the Spitz AX.

What must the pin assignment be?
Positive on the outside, negative on the inside
or the oposit side?

What do you mean by “something like this” ? I’m looking for a cable/plug that fits the GL-X3000 exactly. Maybe you have a link for your cable?

Hi guys, I´m new to this forum. I just got my Spitz AX and am planning to install it in my camper. From pics online I saw, that the power connector on the device is labeled “9 - 36V”. On my device it says “12V”. Has there been a change regarding the internal power supply? Since the voltage ranges from 11.5 to over 14 volts I don´t want to fry my unit.

Thanks in advance for your input.

You will be fine to wire it in direct. Just be sure and install fuse protection.

Thanks for your fast reply. I have a vacant slot in my fuse box and the Spitz will get its own 5A spade fuse.