Has anyone been successful configuring GL-AR750S WireGuard client with PIA?

If so, could you share your procedure? Thanks.

No yet.
I asked this question to PIA VPN 24th March, they said:
“we do not have a tutorial yet. WireGuard is still in testing, it is only available in our beta program. Once it has been fully released, we will begin to write guides on how to use it with a router”

There are some other WireGuard service providers, you can find at the link below:

Should be soon then

On Github I came across shell script for accessing PIA wireguard. Maybe someone with more experience than I can do something with it. The script can be found at

Seen the script. It’s too bash ish and would not go well openwrt. It also always connect to the same server in the same region. Not ideal.

1 Like

Wireguard is now out of beta, has anyone been able set up wireguard with PIA yet?

PIA wireguard is not officially support on WRT. I have ported the above scripts to vanilla WRT. Works like a champ.

I am no expert with porting scripts to routers. Is it possible to provide description how your ported the above script to the GL-AR750S?

The above script runs with bash shell, basically you need to convert to run with busybox ash.
All the commands to get the job done exists on WRT. You will need curl/wget and jsonfilter.
So you pass your PIA username/password with curl/wget to PIA. You get a token back, you create a wireguard private/public key and use curl/wget with the token/wireguard public key to PIA. The responses back is wireguard configuration. It took me an afternoon to port.

1 Like

Thanks. Hopefully I can make it work.

Forgot to mention. Do not try to implement this manually . PIA forgets/delete the configuration as a security feature to dissociate you from the static IP and to also reuse the static IP. The cache is clear out if the configuration is not connected to the servers for 3 mins.