Help needed: mt300n-v2

Hi.
I was strugguling to configure OpenVPN on MT300N-V2 and I downgraded firmware to 2.X… (LUCE). Unfortunatelly, I lost everything incl. configuration setup and only accessable page is http://192.168.8.1/cgi-bin/luci
I’ve tried to upgrade firmware to latest openwrt-mt300n-v2-3.025.bin but it’s not moving forward.

Is there anyone who can help me to revert device to the latest firmware.
I would really appreciate all your help because my device is brend new, and purchased today but already screwed up :frowning:

Thanks a lot.
Kostas

Follow this guide:

1 Like

Thanks for your help.I followed exactly step by step the procedure and i got the welcome menu 192.168.8.1 as it was before! The only thing that matters here is why i can’t connect any Vpn server…Always i get this message at the end.
UDP link remote: [AF_INET]74.91.116.173:1194

WARNING: this configuration may cache passwords in memory – use the auth-nocache option to prevent this

[server] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]74.91.116.173:1194

AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED

SIGTERM[soft,auth-failure] received, process exiting

VPN client failed to connect. This may be because of wrong configuration, unsupported parameters or terminated by the server. Please choose another VPN profile or abort the connection.

Which vpn server are you using?
The info said your username/password was wrong and it is 95% of the case.

usny3.ovpn but i can’t get connected…following step by step the process…
after downloading zip Openvpn config files.

I am using Surfshark …conf files UDP and TCP and as a client i can connect the router with several countries.My issue is that when connected speeds are too slow…For example packets transmitted as shown are after a minute time 38Mbps ,but recived are only 1,5 or 2 Mbps…
This issue is happening with all possible Udp files that i connect with…
Is there anything that i can adjust to fix speed getting after connected? My isp speed is 17,7 Mbps and when i establish connection it falls at 8,20 Mbps only…
Thanks in advance!

How about tcp protocol?

Is the speed 8mbps download and 17mbps upload? Can you confirm? Seems this is not what you said above.

My download speed from my isp is 17.70Mbps and upload speed is 0.90Mbps
I tryed connected those UDP and also TCP files using isp with download 190Mbps and upload 80Mbps and the same issue i get when connected those worst speeds about 8 Mbps the most,not even 10!!!

as i mention before there must be any corrections regarding those files or if they are ok the manifacture can improve the OpenVpn client.Any possible changes please respond?
I use the nearest UDP file as i live in Grecce.
The file is : gr-ath.prod.surfshark.com_udp

client
dev tun
proto udp
remote gr-ath.prod.surfshark.com 1194
resolv-retry infinite
remote-random
nobind
tun-mtu 1500
tun-mtu-extra 32
mssfix 1450
persist-key
persist-tun
ping 15
ping-restart 0
ping-timer-rem
reneg-sec 0

remote-cert-tls server

auth-user-pass

#comp-lzo
verb 3
pull
fast-io
cipher AES-256-CBC

auth SHA512

17.7Mbps using openvpn on MT300N-V2 right?

That is a pretty good speed. Uploading 0.9 is slow though.

If you want higher speed, find another vpn service provider which provide Wireguard server.

17,7Mbps is download speed that i get directly from my isp Wind.gr,and it is not the speed that i get when connected to UDP file that i use as an OpenVpn client.
I think finding and testing more Vpn services is costing money because noone 'll give you those files just for testing purpose.

I will buy surfshark and test.