###...###help section###...###

I was trying to update firmware on my AR150 to the PineAP, but my computer died during the process (my charger fell out of the socket when I left my house), and even though I followed these steps

<li style="box-sizing: border-box;">Connect <code style="box-sizing: border-box; font-family: monospace, serif; font-size: 12px !important; padding: 2px 5px; color: #c7254e; white-space: nowrap; background-color: #f9f2f4; border-radius: 4px;">only one cable to your router, and leave the other LAN port unconnected. <li style="box-sizing: border-box;">First press and hold the Reset button firmly; then power on your device. (Obey the first and then procedure) <li style="box-sizing: border-box;">The LEDs will start to blink. Find the video for different routers below. <li style="box-sizing: border-box;">Release your fingers when you see the LEDs flash <code style="box-sizing: border-box; font-family: monospace, serif; font-size: 12px !important; padding: 2px 5px; color: #c7254e; white-space: nowrap; background-color: #f9f2f4; border-radius: 4px;">5 times for AR150, AR300M and 6416. For MT300N and MT300A, the LEDs will flash <code style="box-sizing: border-box; font-family: monospace, serif; font-size: 12px !important; padding: 2px 5px; color: #c7254e; white-space: nowrap; background-color: #f9f2f4; border-radius: 4px;">3 times and enter Uboot Web UI automatically. <li style="box-sizing: border-box;">Set your computer’s IP address to <code style="box-sizing: border-box; font-family: monospace, serif; font-size: 12px !important; padding: 2px 5px; color: #c7254e; white-space: nowrap; background-color: #f9f2f4; border-radius: 4px;">192.168.1.2 <li style="box-sizing: border-box;">User Firefox or Chrome to visit <code style="box-sizing: border-box; font-family: monospace, serif; font-size: 12px !important; padding: 2px 5px; color: #c7254e; white-space: nowrap; background-color: #f9f2f4; border-radius: 4px;">http://192.168.1.1 <li style="box-sizing: border-box;">Find your firmware and upload <li style="box-sizing: border-box;">Wait around 3 minutes. Don’t power down your device while upgrading.
I could only get to step 5 without problems. No matter what IP I try I cannot connect to the router (192.168.1.1 or 192.168.8.1)

Please help me, and if you have any suggestions give them to me.

I am on a MacBook pro mid 2012.

no more specs than that.

if you give a suggestion that solves my problem, you will receive a gift card to the email of your choice.

The steps can be found here at the
<h3 id=“uboot_safe_mode_with_web_gui” class=“sectionedit7” style=“padding: 0px; line-height: 1.2; clear: left; font-size: 1.125em; margin: 0px 0px 0.888em; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;”>uboot safe mode with web gui</h3>
section.

https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/gl-inet/gl-ar150

Try using the other ethernet port on the router (#1)
Try using a PC and Firefox (#6)

Also, are you sure you’re telling us the full story as “my charger fell out of the socket when I left my house” sounds a bit lame; the whole upgrade process only takes around 60 seconds, which wouldn’t leave much time:

1. to go out for a beer
  2. for your cable to fall out
  3. for your battery to die

My internet is about as useful as a brick with ethernet cords in it.

also thank you for the help

>> My internet is about as useful as a brick with ethernet cords in it.

As is mine - so did you do as I suggested?

I have already tried using the other ethernet port, and i am updating my virtualization software.

so might take a full day