HELP! what's the best way to block youtube and other rubbish websites in GL inet products? thx

hi.

Currently I wish to COMPLETELY, 24/7x365 block youtube and some websites like lihkg.com etc within
my GL inet product, they include brumeW, and others.

previously I tried using the plugin “adblock” and type the websites there.

May I ask is this the best way? (i dont want to modify the windows, want to do at the router level).

The blockage only need to be static and doesn’t need to vary with time or other factors.
Thank you.

You use Brume, right?

You can enable AdguardHome and block these website.

hi,
yes i use brume.

but I want a simple solution.

if I enable adguard, it also affect TONS of websites that it default build in, for some advertising service I think.

so I only tried and is quite success with adblock, so wanna ask is this is best solution…
honestly it would be nice if your side could provide a list of youtube sites to block as
utube seems is a collection of website, it’s not only www.youtube.com but also say www.youtubevideo.com or www.video.google.com etc.

helps appreciated thx.

AguardHome and Adblock are different things. AguardHome lets you block Facebook, Youtube and many other services APART from adblocking if you enable that.

2 Likes

And how can I setup this on AX1800? I would like to block Facebook at the router level.

Use the parental control app.

I did, no options on the screen?

you have to create the profile, and then go back to the parental control start page and scroll to the bottom

I just saw it, Thanks

after a long period,
i’ll say that adguard’s youtube profile did help to block youtube.

while if you block using adblock, there could be some sub-site/alternative link of youtube that you didn’t know.