Help with GL.inet Mango v2 and USB 4G modem

Hi all,

I hope this finds everyone safe and well amongst Covid.

I was hoping that someone may be able to help me out. I purchased a GL.Inet Mango v2 travel router a while ago. I was hoping that I could tether my phone’s internet connection with it, but I can’t seem to work this out. As such, I purchased a Huawei E3372 LTE USB stick from my local Optus dealer, and got a data SIM added to my service.

My issue is that I can’t seem to get the travel router to recognize the USB stick either. I have tested it being directly plugged into the computer, which works great, but I can’t figure out why the Mango won’t recognize it.

In case someone can help, I have done the following:

1. I have connected the USB stick
  2. I have connected my computer to the wireless network
  3. I have gone to the router’s setup page and logged in
  4. The following is reported from the main page:
  5. Under 3G/4G modem = ’ No Modem device found. Plug in your USB modem to start. ’

Does anyone know what I can do to get it working? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

This should point you in the right direction.

I did similar thing to that BUT on opensource firmware from here: [OpenWrt Wiki] GL.iNet GL-MT300N V2
Also, my setup is based on E3372H-153 BUT on custom firmware from 4PDA.ru so there might be some differences.
As far as I can remember, E3372 has 2 modes of operation and somehow it was important in my setup, but I don’t really remember more details.

I advise you to first try to setup your phone as tether, this should help you understand what needs to be done.

E3372 works as tethering. Just set up as tethering.