Help with script for change MAC address

• STORY (skippable) -

Hi guys, as you may have read there are few issues with Fastweb WOW-FI in Italy. It’s a free service for those who owe username and password, and I use my GL- AR750 as Wireless Network: Client “WOW FI - FASTWEB” (wlan-sta) with security WPA2-EAP-MSCHAPV2.

Connection works flawlessly but lease time is only 15 minutes before automatic renew, then there are 1-15 seconds of “no internet” without disconnection, then start working again. I use this connection mainly for video streaming, so thanks to buffering this small disconnection have no impact.

BUT sometimes it won’t reconnect after lease time over, even if I reboot the router, I needed to wait 1 hour or more before automatic reconnection. After some tries I found that changing MAC address made the work, so

• QUESTION -

I need a script to automate the mac randomize process. In “human language” something like
Ping google every 30 seconds
If no reply, change mac with a random one
Reconnect to network with wlan-sta interface

If possible, avoid wlan0 reboot. When I change MAC address from admin panel - more settings - mac clone, wifi connection disconnects from all devices then after few seconds it reconnects with working internet

Please help

If needed:
GL.iNet GL-AR750 Latest firmware 3.105 2020-12-07 15:28:11
OpenWrt 18.06.1 r7258-5eb055306f / LuCI openwrt-18.06 branch (git-18.228.31946-f64b152)
Architecture Qualcomm Atheros QCA9533 ver 2 rev 0
Kernel Version 4.9.120

Can you write script?

If yes you can refer to

and

You can combine the two

Hello Rabbit-ita are you having problems to watch netlix with wowfi on your tv? Im using wow fi with this extender but cant nymore view netflix ininity mediaset amazon and spotify, but works with raiclick and discovery+, still working on computer and phones connected to the extender but not with the tv, its like fastweb is filtering some services.
I’m trying to understand how to fix this

I just have Amazon Prime Video on my smart TV, a Philips one with (useless) Saphi OS, seems have 2 minutes buffer so I rarely lose connection and video stops. I have 6-7 devices connected at same time and works everywhere. No filters here, I can even download with torrent, but when I use it, after less than 1 hour I lose connection and need to change MAC address, a simple reconnection doesn’t work

2 days passed, MAC address didn’t change but I didn’t have a single disconnection. Must test more. I studied HTML, Java and C++ at university more than 10 years ago, so I can easily understand lines of code, but I don’t know the puntuation of this language

Auto reconnection works, but MAC address stay the same. For now I don’t care a lot since my purpose is reached, max disconnection time is under 1 minute. But if someone can adjust script for me, I may test

1 Like