How can I get Beryl as AP? To set up Access Point mode, you need to connect an Ethernet cable to the WAN port first

I connected a LAN cable to my Beryl WAN and a LAN port of my Flint.
I want to set up the Beryl as Access Point - so I can connect it to the switch in my company.

But I constantly get the message "To set up Access Point mode, you need to connect an Ethernet cable to the WAN port first. " Why? The Beryl is connected properly, I am connected to the Beryl WLAN and have internet access. The Beryl has an IP address from the Flint. But I still get the message "To set up Access Point mode, you need to connect an Ethernet cable to the WAN port first. "

How can I set up the Beryl as AP?
Firmware is lastest 4.1 beta

It would not surprise me if it is due to a bug in the Beryl Firmware Beta release.

I do not work for and I am not directly associated with GL.iNet

You might be right. I installed the latest stable 3.125 and it works now. @alzhao FYI

1 Like

So the only explanation I can come up with is that the WAN somehow got changed to LAN. After upgrading to 4.x beta I used it as a AP right after for about a day and did not realize I was plugged into the WAN. This was because I had been using the Slate AX WAN is on the opposite then the Beryl. I never set it to change WAN to LAN.

I checked this and it was set to WAN. Does not matter anymore, I reverted back. But if someone from gl.inet wants to check this, please do :slight_smile: