How to connect Huawei E3372 on GL.iNet 6416?

Hi, I have Huawei E3372 Mobile Partner versioin, not the hilink one and I have openwrt BB installed on my gl inet router, the original openwrt firmware not the default gl inet firmware, the problem is that I can’t connect that modem on my router, it works fine with other modems that I have tested like E220 or E272. How can I connect E3372 on my gl inet ? Please help me fix it.

Hello!

According to this blog post, you need to have the kmod-usb-net-cdc-ether and the usb-modeswitch package installed on your router. https://protyposis.net/blog/using-the-huawei-e3372-hi-link-lte-dongle-with-openwrt/

After installing those packages, unplug the dongle and plug it back in, then check the output of the dmesg command, and see if the system recognized the dongle. From there you should be able to add an interface for the dongle in Network > Interfaces.

That is for the hilink version, what i have is the mobile partner version, read my post!

I apologize, I have never personally used Huawei dongles, so I assumed the partner version would be similar to the hilink version.

If you don’t mind me asking, could you post your dmesg output after plugging in the dongle? It might be possible to gain some more info from that.

you need to install kmod-usb-net-serial etc.