How to do internet sharing with GL-AR750S-9c1-5G as Gateway?

Hi All,

Trying to configure the GL-AR750S-9c1-5G as a Gateway

“Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) provides the ability for one computer to share its Internet connection with another computer. To do this, a computer with an Internet connection must be configured to function as an Internet gateway. A second computer (or network of computers) connects to the Internet indirectly via the gateway computer.”

I’ve done this with my laptop and a Raspberry pi AP. Where it was connected via ethernet cable to the Laptop and the laptop shared it’s internet connection BUT at the same time the Raspberry pi serves as AP with it’s own private wifi subnet for devices to connect to. Now I’m trying to do the same thing with the GL-AR750S-9c1-5G. Substituting the laptop with the GL-AR750S-9c1-5G, but right now it’s acting more as router which is overriding the AP properties of the Raspberry pi AP. Which as a consequence I can no longer connect to the Raspberry pi AP or see it’s wifi AP. Anyone have advice on how to achieve this?

I think you are not doing the correct way. It should be pretty simple.

You connect your Pi to the LAN port of AR750s and set it as AP if you want. I don’t see anything special.

router = gateway in this scenario