How to get access to the SD-Card AR750S (4.3.7.)

Hi,
is there any documentation how to get access to the SD-card without SSH (WinSCP)? Here is my Scenario: I want to put some music, videos or pics to the SD-card, and when I am connected with my iPhone I want to stream these media files with VLC or maybe other apps. And it would be very nice if I can put the pics on my iPhone to the SD-card.
I found no option with the new Frimware (4.3.7)

Hello. I think installing, in plugins page, the samba4 package but then you have to look for howto samba configuration in yourtube and you have to use winscp.

This tutorial should help: File Sharing - GL.iNet Router Docs 3

Thanks for the link. But the network storage does not appear after restarting the router.
Go to web Admin Panel → APPLICATIONS → Network Storage
There is no “Network Storage”.

It could be the issue that this feature was removed due to storage consumption problems.

1 Like

Yes admon is right here How to get access to the SD-Card AR750S (4.3.7.) - #5 by admon

Also you can configure it in Luci SYSTEM>Advanced Settings and click 192.168.8.1/cgi-bin/luci if you have no changed the router IP.

Then look at Services>Network Shares if Samba installed and also look to see SD-Card at System>Mount Points if it appears there.I have my SD working in NTFS format.

Then look in yourtube for " how to config samba in openwrt" video, There is one quite useful from VanTech Corner.

You only have to do this once for your router.

2 Likes

Works perfekt! Thank you!

Is there any way to reduce the memory usage when Samba is activated? My System crashes when streaming big files.