Image builder on Raspberry PI 3B +

I don’t have a full blown linux machine, only a couple of PIs. The rest are Windows and Chromebook. One PI is running Kali.

Does anyone know if using a PI, if it is possible to build an image for an AR300M that includes base Gl firmware, a couple of WiFi adapter kmod files, a handfull of other programs, and of course my config file?

Why don’t you install ubuntu in a vm using virtualbox on windows?

It is free :slight_smile:

+1 virtualbox - imagebuilder is built for x86_64 it won’t work on arm. or get a vm on digital ocean or whatever, it will pull the imagebuilder repo and build it way faster than the time it will take you to setup vbox and an image and costs around 5 cents.

You can get preinstalled ubuntu images here:

Just download and run in virtualbox. Even with a hosted vm you will need to download all the dev tools.

Just run this in the vm image:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install git-core build-essential libssl-dev libncurses5-dev unzip gawk zlib1g-dev subversion mercurial gcc-multilib flex gettext quilt xsltproc libxml-parser-perl bzr ecj cvs git wget

Then do the usual image builder steps.

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll check what the windows machine has under the hood. It’s old, runs vista, may not even be 64 bit. I just keep it around for Putty, WinSCP, and other tools. I am happy every time it still boots in under 10mins.