I have been a satisfied user of the GL-E750 (Mudi) by GL-iNet, and I wanted to reach out and inquire about any potential plans for a renewed version of this fantastic device, perhaps even a Mudi AX.
While exploring the available options, I came across the Puli AX (Which isn’t yet available for purchase). However, I find it to be quite bulky compared to the Mudi, and its battery capacity is smaller as well. Hence, I was wondering if GL-iNet has any intentions to release a new Mudi model that incorporates the following features:
- 4G LTE (and possibly 5G) connectivity without the need for external antennas.
- WiFi 6E support for enhanced wireless performance.
- The ability to prevent the device from starting up automatically every time it is plugged in.
- Built-in support for AdGuard, offering advanced DNS level blocking capabilities.
- Seamless integration with WireGuard, a popular VPN protocol.
- Dual SIM functionality for added flexibility (optional feature).
- The ability to send SMS messages, in addition to receiving them (optional feature).
Currently, I use the Mudi as a convenient “WiFi Egg” for my day-to-day activities, serving the following purposes:
- Providing VPN protection for all my devices, ensuring my online security.
- Preventing my phone’s operating system from bypassing the VPN connection.
- Enabling a software firewall on my Android device, which would otherwise occupy a VPN slot.
- Utilising a “tablet SIM” for the Mudi while having a separate “talk and text SIM” for my phone.
If there are no plans for a new Mudi in the pipeline, I kindly request that you consider this post as a product suggestion. I believe these enhancements would greatly benefit users like me who rely on the Mudi for their connectivity needs.
Thank you for your attention, and I look forward to any information or feedback you can provide.