Internet sharing using site to site

not sure if i am even looking at the right soloution but basics of what i am looking to achieve is below:

i have several sites which i want to connect so that the traffic is hosted from a single ISP IP.

So site 1 has a public IP 80.192.6.7 through a gigabit fibre line i have main router provided ny ISP.
Site 2 has its own slower speed fibre connection , own ISP router, own public IP.

both have GLinet router various models Ar750s , MT1300 etc.

i want devices connected at site 2 GLinet router to be able to route over the Public IP off Site 1.

is this what site to site would achieve or is there some other soloution i should be looking at for this ?

i have also tried to look at Site to Site - GL.iNet Router Docs 4

when it says “Port is open, default is 51830.” i assume this does this automatically on the GLinet router or does that need done as well ?

The router will do it automatically - but only if there is no other uplink router.

Maybe a VPN like Wireguard from site 2 to site 1 can help you. Devices on site 2 who want to connect the internet will be directed through the VPN to site 1 and will be seen with the external IP of site 1.

i did try setting one as a WG server and creating a config file from it but IP still seemed to be different. might try that again and see if i maybe did something wrong.

Do you have DDNS enabled? Can you see routers on GoodCloud site?

only way i can see it working properly is to switch out my main router so it can pick up the public IP otherwise it shows the dhcp assigned router address from main router. so have ordered a Flint 2.

1 Like

Just found the answer on another thread. Site to site doesnt do full tunnel, I will have to use a tradtional VPN to force all internet traffic to main node ISP.

I dont think anyone answered this completely and I am looking for a response as well. Will Good Cloud Site to Sites send all internet requests from the secondary nodes , full tunnel, to the main node for Internet access? Or does Site to Site not work that way and just allows for access to resources on different nodes? I know I can solve this with OpenVPN or Wireguard. I just want to know if Site to Site is comparable to VPN in regards to Internet access. Thanks all!

Site-2-Site via Goodcloud only build a tunnel that you use to route the internal subnets.

It does not route the Internet.