Upgraded to a new GL-AXT188 Slate AX Wi-Fi 6 router. It works well except for one very annoying problem. My torrent client (Mac laptop, Transmission app with stock settings) seem to kill my internet connection.
Steps to reproduce:
- Power up Slate AX
- Connect Slate AX to internet (in my case usb tether phone hotspot)
- Connect client laptop (macbook) via WIFI
- Browsing (internet, email, etc) all work at this point
- Start Transmission torrent app (with in-progress downloads)
- Transmission app starts downloading then bandwidth drops to zero within 20 seconds
- All internet on laptop now dead
- If I plug phone (usb tether hotspot) directly into computer, all works as expected, Transmission works
There is an error in the logs when this happens:
kern.err kernel: [ 129.117794] ipheth 1-1:4.2: ipheth_rcvbulk_callback: urb status: -75
Trouble persists through full reset and reconfigure of the Slate AX. Stock settings except for changing password and WIFI network name (ssid).
I had this problem with my old GL-AR750S and hoped upgrading to a newer model with more memory and a faster processor would fix the problem, but it has not.
Any help appreciated.