Is the Microuter-N300 a dead product?

While you cannot use luci to configure wifi, you surely can install it and use it to configure everything else.

Hi Alzhao,

If LUCI can manage this device and the N300 manual clearly shows LUCI is part of the default software for the N300, then why was LUCI not part of the 3.105 firmware snapshot I am testing? Will LUCI be part of the N300 3.105 firmware when it is finally released as production code or will the manual be updated to state that you need to load LUCI before you can use it? If not, how would a new user know how to do this?

Luci is management Interface of openwrt.

It is not part of our firmware. We use openwrt but does not mean we have to maintain all packages what openwrt support.

This does not forbid you to use luci. Luci is valuable for users and we do not want to touch that. You can refer to openwrt community.

We have also done our best to support luci and other openwrt packages. But this is not one of our responsibility to support and maintain that.

Any chance the n300 will get a released version of the 3.105 code, or has everyone forgot about this product again? Per the release page still shows 3.102 is the released and pre-released version.

The 3.105 snapshot was put out over 30 days ago, and my n300, which I use a WireGuard server has been running for 30 days now. Although I donā€™t get to test it often these days, as Iā€™m not traveling, I do occasionally tie into a remote WIFI, and prove it is still functional. The snapshot 3.105 code has been running for 30 days now on my router

root@N300:~# uptime
17:10:00 up 30 days, 20:05, load average: 0.03, 0.05, 0.03

Current Version. 3.105
Compile Time. 2020-12-29 12:07:32

You can keep an eye on this folder:
https://dl.gl-inet.com/firmware/snapshots/

I donā€™t think your router will get 3.105, it will probably skip to 3.201 as all routers are being upgraded at the moment.

Guess which router does not have a directory in the 3.201 snapshot tree :slightly_frowning_face:

The N300 seems to be a dead product!

Every other shipping product with 128MB of RAM and 16MB of Flash received a 3.105 update, and they all seem to have a directory in the 3.201 snapshot tree. It is time to support the N300 or move it do the unsupported product area, so we know not to expect any more updates.

The snapshots came out a few days ago.

They are:
a) Not ready yet, as stated in the text file there
b) Not fully populated. There are only a few devs, they go from one router to the next updating the firmware. It doesnā€™t all happen all at once. You will need to wait some time.

You can PM @alzhao and see if you can get an exact date, but it depends on the guys updating the firmware which ones they choose to work on first. It usually is the routers that they also use themselves first, then down the line by popularity and age of the product.

1 Like

When I purchased the N300, I was expecting the same level of support I have had for my other GL iNet products. I have been sorely disappointed in the firmware support of this product since day 1. Telling me that the developers get to select the order, and if a product even gets firmware updates, does not give me much hope that the support of the N300 will ever be acceptable.

As several other people have stated in other posts to this forum, GL iNet seems to have released more hardware products then their software engineers can support.

3.105 was in GL.iNet download center

I have been testing the 3.105 snapshot, but as I use this system in production, I would like a released version of the firmware. The latest firmware in:

`https://dl.gl-inet.com/firmware/n300/release/`

is openwrt-n300-3.102.bin which was released 8 months ago.

Are you planning on a releasing a released version of the 3.105 code for the N300? All my other GL iNet routers are now running the released 3.105 firmware, and I would like them all on the same released version.

I understand that. Iā€™d like to release it. If everything is fine we can just release 3.201 directly.

client handshake speeds

Ver 3.025 = 300 Mbps
Ver 3.102 = 144 Mbps
Ver 3.105 = 144 Mbps
3.201 = ???

Can you just change wifi settings on the router to HT40?

I couldnā€™t find on luci. Can you point it out with a screenshot? Thanks in advance.

It is not on Luci.

Default UI ā†’ wireless

Thatā€™s what I see after last snapshotā€™s update v.3.201-02.23 from 23 Februar. ( Revert didā€™n help)