Is this possible?

Hello all

Just bought ar300m and want to use it as a vpn travelrouter to my own LAN at home. At home I have a Netgear Nighthawk R8000 with a OpenVPN Server. It works with all my devices. Downloaded 4 files in a zip and imported it in ar300m with succes. The ar300m has internet connection through my phone. Now when I tries to enable the vpn it comes with this error:

Now. When I try to connect the ar300m to OpenVPN I have through AirVPN it works flawless.

So my guess is that the files from the Netgear Nighthawk router is missing something or? Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

best regards Skjold

picture

Data Channel Decrypt: Using 160 bit message hash ‘SHA1’ for HMAC authentication OpenVPN ROUTE: OpenVPN needs a gateway parameter for a --route option and no default was specified by either --route-gateway or --ifconfig options OpenVPN ROUTE: failed to parse/resolve route for host/network: 192.168.1.1 ERROR: Cannot open TUN/TAP dev NETGEAR-VPN: No such file or directory (errno=2) Exiting due to fatal error

This

can you post the content of the ovpn file? Pls remove your credentials.

Is it this what you want to see? :slight_smile:

client
dev tap
proto tcp
dev-node NETGEAR-VPN
remote YY.YYY.YYY.YY 443
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
ca ca.crt
cert client.crt
key client.key
cipher AES-128-CBC
comp-lzo
verb 5

In the zip file there are 3 other files:

ca.crt

client.crt

client.key

When I import the zip folder it says succesfully imported and i can chose the ovpn file but as mentioned it cant start the connection and comes up with the before mentioned error. Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

Can you remove this line “dev-node NETGEAR-VPN”

Re-zip the file, upload it and try again?

I tried to remove the line “<span style=“background-color: #f9f9f9; color: #222222; font-family: source_sans_proregular, ‘Helvetica Neue’, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 14.6667px;”>dev-node NETGEAR-VPN”. It then came up with another error. Many thanks for the effort put into helping me, but I think I will stop trying getting it to work with my Netgear router. Thanks again :slight_smile:
</span>

I did what was mentioned in this forum, now I’m getting a similar error. I’m trying to use a DDNS instead of a static ip route. my config is as follows
client
dev tap
proto udp
remote removed.removed.com XXXXX
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
ca ca.crt
cert client.crt
key client.key
cipher AES-128-CBC
comp-lzo
verb 5

my error is:
OpenVPN ROUTE: failed to parse/resolve route for host/network: 192.168.1.0
TUN/TAP device tap0 opened
TUN/TAP TX queue length set to 100
WARNING: this configuration may cache passwords in memory – use the auth-nocache option to prevent this
Initialization Sequence Completed

can you be of assistance?

From the log, seems the IP address in the ovpn is an Internal IP address, 192.168.1.0.

It should be an Internet IP address. Can you confirm?

The logs say that it’s an internal ip when I look, but when I view my ip on the internet the VPN has started working and shows the proper ip with the smartphone ovpn option in the nighthawk.