Issues with Beryl ax firmware 4.5.16

• Using 160 MHz bandwidth for the 5 GHz signal is unstable. Connected clients report constant bandwidth switching between 80 and 160 MHz and the Tx rate stays at 1200 MBits/s (it should go to 2400 MBit/s).

• DHCP reserved IP addresses fail to get assigned on the client’s next reconnect. Instead, the client receives the previously assigned IP address again, as if no reservation was made.

3 Likes

I'm seeing exactly the same bandwidth switching between 80 and 160Mhz (and Tx at 1200 for both) behavior on my Flint 2 (GL-MT6000), firmware 4.6.2. This holds true regardless of what DFS channel I choose (auto/100/104/etc).

Did you ever get a support reply or find a fix for this?

I found the switching in the course of troubleshooting why I'm only seeing ~300ish Mbps down, ~600ish Mbps up despite being within fairly close line-of-sight (~1 meter) of the router. (Connection tests to solid 800Mbps symmetric when connected by ethernet.). Macbook Pro and iPhone 14Pro seeing same speedtest results.

A note for @danielg and future searchers: macbook m1 doesn't support 160mhz (Wi-Fi specifications for Apple devices – Apple Support (UK)) - it seems in this case, the behavior of switching between 160 and 80Mhz by Tx not increasing is typical.

No, I did not get a support reply.

That Apple page you linked suggests all Apple devices support 160 MHz bandwidth only in the 6 GHz band which the Beryl AX does not support.