Just picked up a Slate 7 Pro in the Amazon sale, any ETA on 4.10?

Hey all,

Grabbed a Slate 7 Pro during the Amazon sale and I'm loving the hardware so far. The one thing bugging me is that it's still on 4.8.6, while my Mudi 7 got 4.10 back on Sept 1 (same day the Slate 7 Pro got 4.8.6, funnily enough).

The main thing I'm after is the full DNS over HTTPS support in 4.10. I've been using it on the Mudi 7 and it's been great, so going back to 4.8 on my main router feels like a bit of a downgrade :sweat_smile:

A few questions for the GL team:

  • Is the Slate 7 Pro on the roadmap for 4.10, and is there a rough ETA?

  • Any snapshot or beta builds I could try in the meantime? I noticed there's no beta channel listed for this model yet.

  • If 4.10 is still a while off, any chance the DoH improvements could be backported to 4.8.x?

Happy to test pre-release builds and report back bugs if that helps speed things along.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi,

The Slate 7 Pro is planned to move directly to firmware v4.11 rather than v4.10. However, we do not have a specific ETA to share at this time.

A beta build should be available soon. Thank you for your patience and for offering to help test it—please bear with us a little longer.