Lede 17.01.0

Hi All,

I compile and use regularly the firmware for my MT300A from LEDE without any particular problems however I focus on my project on a subset of packages. Today while reading this forum post I’m wondering if all the patches available in the openwrt-cc provided by GLI are available in the LEDE 17.01.0 repository. I do not see any clear answers in the forum.

Thanks

for MT300A, it is a yes.

Hi Alzhao,

That’s a great news.

Does it mean that GLI is able to maintain and commit the necessary patches on LEDE ?

If it’s the case keep up your good work.

Cheers

we have submmited to LEDE before. The only one is not available in LEDE is AR300M nand version

Hi alzhao

Are there any plans to commit patches to LEDE to support AR300M nand version? I’m looking to buy 2 or 3 small routers, and would prefer the larger flash storage of the AR300M, but if they are not supported by LEDE then I’ll go with the MT300A …

Thanks for any information.

@Sixedup, LEDE developers is porting the nand flash driver to LEDE. They don’t like our implementation. I don’t have a schedule but I really want this happen.

Are there any discussions/ML or pull requests that I can see/help with?

I tried today to port the ath79-spinand to newer kernels (4.4), but failed miserably…

I started from openwrt-cc/patches at master · domino-team/openwrt-cc · GitHub and hand-rediffed most of the AR300M patches, but apparently "struct nand_chip changed in 4.4 and I have no idea what to do there (mainly “init_size” is gone).

Here is the mainline commit: kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git - Linux kernel source tree

But there is no documentation on what changed (or rather why) and how to deal with it…

Have you tried running 4.4 or later kernel?

Here is what I did as a final commit: https://github.com/thinrope/openwrt/commit/07b5c197f405a37a13697d6f2d1a82299eadda9e

make[5]: Entering directory ‘/srv/OpenWRT/openwrt/openwrt/build_dir/target-mips_34kc_musl-1.1.16/linux-ar71xx_nand/linux-4.4.14’
CHK include/config/kernel.release
CHK include/generated/uapi/linux/version.h
CHK include/generated/utsrelease.h
CHK include/generated/bounds.h
CHK include/generated/timeconst.h
CHK include/generated/asm-offsets.h
CALL scripts/checksyscalls.sh
CHK include/generated/compile.h
CC drivers/mtd/nand/ath79_spinand.o
drivers/mtd/nand/ath79_spinand.c: In function ‘ath79_spinand_probe’:
drivers/mtd/nand/ath79_spinand.c:807:22: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
chip->ecc.read_page = ath79_spinand_read_page_hwecc;
^
drivers/mtd/nand/ath79_spinand.c:808:23: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
chip->ecc.write_page = ath79_spinand_write_page_hwecc;
^
drivers/mtd/nand/ath79_spinand.c:818:6: error: ‘struct nand_chip’ has no member named ‘init_size’
chip->init_size = ath79_spinand_init_size;
^
make[8]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:259: drivers/mtd/nand/ath79_spinand.o] Error 1
make[7]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:403: drivers/mtd/nand] Error 2
make[6]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:403: drivers/mtd] Error 2
make[5]: *** [Makefile:944: drivers] Error 2

Can you use this one: lede-1701/106-add-ar300m-nand-support.patch at lede-17.01 · domino-team/lede-1701 · GitHub