Luci seems to be corrupt

I know nothing about programming routers. I recently bought an AR750 (Creta) and I did 2 things: I added a couple of lines in the “Firewall - Custom Rules” section (under Advanced) and I added Torguard VPN. After I did these things (one at a time, with a couple of days in between), things appeared to be working fine. The next day, I tried to go to the advanced section and I got the following error message:

/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:230: /etc/config/luci seems to be corrupt, unable to find section ‘main’
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘assert’
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:230: in function ‘dispatch’
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:127: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:126>

I have no idea how much trouble I’m in nor how to correct it. Should I factory reset the device and will this get me back to baseline?

Thanks for any assistance,
Steve

Yeah reset it or follow the debrick guide:

Thanks for your help! As it turns out, I see that this happens to other people and it’s some sort of artifact of OpenWrt. The advice I saw was to simply reboot - and sure enough, it rebooted fine and I could log into the advanced section with no problem. I’m concluding that this error message had nothing to do with my actions. I guess we’ll see as time goes on.