M7620N breakout board docs

Are there any docs or reference design for design of base board for breakout board? Is OpenWRT preinstalled on these modules? If there is no OpenWRT can firmware be updated via UART? Thank you in advance…

Don’t understand the first question but the answer to other two is “yes”.

Glitch, thank you for fast response. From MediaTek 7620n datasheet I see that some pins are used for bootstraping. For instance, ANT_TRNB should be low if XTAL frequency is 20 MHz. Is that already done on breakout board or do I have to do it. Same question for ANT_TRN and WLED_N.

There is openwrt firmware. But there not a breakout board design.

you may list all your detailed questions so that people can answer

Here is list of question I need to answer for proof of concept:

1. There are two antenna connectors… Can only one antenna be used in 802.11g mode?

2. Can RJ45 (Ethernet connector) be directly connected to TX+, TX-, RX+, RX- pins?

3. Net WLED_N is used for bootstraping. Can it be used as GPIO. Is some driver in OpenWRT using WLED_N i LAN_LED pins. If yes, which driver?

4. ANT_TRN, ANT_TRNB what is their purpose? Can they be used as GPIOs?

5. I’m planning to connect MCP23017 port expander to I2C bus. There are drivers in linux kernel for that. Is that something that is already included in OpenWRT image creator and can new kernel modules be added easily?

6. There some contradictions on product page:

a) What is power supply voltage 3.3 V or 5 V?

b) What is pin pitch 2mm or 1.27mm?

1. What are output voltage levels of GPIO ports 1.8V, 3.3V or 5V?

2. How reset is handled? Only through CPU_RST_N? Is that hardware reset or is that handled by software? Is reset button supported in software?

1. There are two antenna connectors… Can only one antenna be used in 802.11g mode?
    Ans:Yes but not HT40.
  2. Can RJ45 (Ethernet connector) be directly connected to TX+, TX-, RX+, RX- pins?
    Ans:NO,you need to add a network transformer between them.
  3. Net WLED_N is used for bootstraping. Can it be used as GPIO. Is some driver in OpenWRT using WLED_N i LAN_LED pins. If yes, which driver?
    Ans:Yes.
  4. ANT_TRN, ANT_TRNB what is their purpose? Can they be used as GPIOs?
    Ans:They can be used as GPIOS;ANT_TRN(GPIO19), ANT_TRNB(GPIO18)
  5. I’m planning to connect MCP23017 port expander to I2C bus. There are drivers in linux kernel for that. Is that something that is already included in OpenWRT image creator and can new kernel modules be added easily?
    Ans:Sorry,maybe you should add the driver and compile.
  6. There some contradictions on product page:
    Ans:Thank you,we will check it and then modify the contradictions
    a) What is power supply voltage 3.3 V or 5 V?
    Ans: 3.3V
    b) What is pin pitch 2mm or 1.27mm?
    Ans: 1.27mm
  7. What are output voltage levels of GPIO ports 1.8V, 3.3V or 5V?
    Ans: 3.3V
  8. How reset is handled? Only through CPU_RST_N? Is that hardware reset or is that handled by software? Is reset button supported in software?
    Ans:hadrware reset.