MAC clone with GL-MT1300 not working?

Any word on when this firmware will release?

Please try this firmware.
https://dl.gl-inet.com/firmware/mt1300/testing/openwrt-mt1300-3.203-1012.bin

1 Like

This appears to work.

I copied the MAC address from my laptop’s wifi to the WAN port.
Then I disconnected from the Beryl and connected to the Hotel’s wifi and logged in.
Then I disconnected my laptop from the hotel wifi and plugged the Beryl’s WAN port to the wall ethernet. The Beryl connected to the internet on it’s own within about 15 seconds and didn’t require any kind of login. It’s been working fine for 2 days like this, no problems watching Netflix on my amazon firestick.

1 Like

Does it ask you to login via the captive portal every 15 minutes?

Nope, it does every 48 hours which appears to be normal with this hotel regardless of which device you use.

@alzhao - The following firmware: “openwrt-mt1300-3.203-1012.bin” fixed all of my issues. Ethernet related issue was fixed by this tutorial. I personally love GL.iNet products and will keep buying them as I see that you really listen to our feedback and address most of the issues. It’s still a looong way until the GL.iNet custom firmware is 100% bug free & performant… Thanks much & GJ, guys!

Thanks for reporting back!

1 Like

@alzhao You’re welcome.

Just wanted to inform you that the Wi-Fi MAC address change is not fully possible in the newly released firmware: “openwrt-mt1300-3.211-1227”.

I was able to change only MAC address of the main 5 GHz Wi-Fi.
However, I wasn’t able to alter MAC address of neither guest Wi-Fi (2.4 + 5 GHz) nor 2.4 GHz AP.

Aforementioned issues were already fixed in the: “openwrt-mt1300-3.203-1012” firmware, yet they do occur again in the latest GL-MT1300 (Beryl) router firmware.

Could you please further investigate the issue and come up with a remedy once and for all?

Thanks much!

@alzhao Update

After further testing, I found out that connection to Guest Wi-Fi @ 5 GHz is not working at all.

Connection to standard Wi-Fi (2.4 + 5 GHz) & Guest Wi-Fi @ 2.4 GHz is working properly though.

Where can I download: “openwrt-mt1300-3.203-1012” firmware?

Thanks much!

You can find the firmware here GL.iNet download center

I will let engineers check and fix the problems you mentioned.

@alzhao - Unfortunately, I could not find this testing firmware: “openwrt-mt1300-3.203-1012”.

Seems that it was removed with the repository change. Could you kindly provide me with direct link?

The aforementioned firmware is the only one which was working for me with no issues.

Thanks!

Sorry old beta firmware was removed. Can you let me know where did you find that mac address change for wifi interface is available? I asked developers and they said it was never available.

@alzhao - Could you please restore the firmware for me?

I need the MAC clone (MAC address change) functionality to work properly ASAP.

MAC clone (MAC address change & filter) and 5 GHz guest wifi was working properly on this firmware: “openwrt-mt1300-3.203-1012.bin”

Please refer to my previous post

Where can I download the firmware? You removed the only working firmware.
The new firmware “openwrt-mt1300-3.211-1227” is full of bugs.

Thanks much!

That firmware is posted by @JerryZhao

It fixed mac clone but never support changing MAC address of WiFi AP interfaces.

I am not sure what you actually looking for.

Max clone works in 3.211 which was not in 3.203.

@JerryZhao can you find the said firmware?

@alzhao - This firmware “openwrt-mt1300-3.203-1012.bin” fixed:

• MAC clone
  • MAC change
  • MAC filtering
  • 5 GHz guest Wi-Fi issues

I used the firmware myself until the “openwrt-mt1300-3.211-1227” was released.

It really was possible to change MAC address of ALL Wi-Fi APs using option macaddr ‘XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX’ in the “/etc/config/wireless” file.

It really was possible to use MAC address filtering using option macfilter ‘allow’ with list maclist ‘XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX’.

It really was possible to use 5 GHz guest Wi-Fi successfully, without immediate disconnections.

Unfortunately, I removed the firmware: “openwrt-mt1300-3.203-1012.bin” and now after the update I’m left again with partially working router.

I would be glad if you could provide me with the firmware, so that I can use features I’m already used to from your other routers, eg. GL-AR300M - every config is working here, had no bigger issues with this one…

However, with Beryl, only this firmware: “openwrt-mt1300-3.203-1012.bin” can be flashed, otherwise the router is not feasible for production use, since it cannot be configured properly…

Thanks much again!

1 Like

I confirm the same issue as @martineliascz in repeater mode on firmware 3.211. Hopefully it can be fixed again.

1 Like

OK. Finally find the firmware

2 Likes

@alzhao - Thanks much!

I can confirm that the following is working with the “openwrt-mt1300-3.203-1012” firmware:

• MAC clone
  • MAC change
  • MAC filtering

Not working:

• 5 GHz guest Wi-Fi issues - keeps disconnecting 1 second after connection

Will wait for a new firmware then.

If you need any further cooperation, please let me know.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Thanks. I already asked @JerryZhao to provide further update of MT1300.

Mac change was added in that firmware but not in 3.211. It is true.

1 Like

I have three GL-MT300N-V2 routers. I cant get the mac address clone feature working on any. I am attempting to change the address to a specific mac address. I hit apply > I get a confirmation message that it was applied.

The setting never actually saves. I have the router in repeat mode, updated to the newest version. Can someone help me with this.