Mango V2 internet really slow

The connection speed doesn’t go above 9Mbps whereas my internet goes upwards of 60Mbps (I have a 100Mbps connection) any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Ethernet wired? Wireless?

VPN enabled?

20 characters required… :slight_smile:

Wireless, speed is the same with and without VPN

What client are you using to connect and test from?

You are testing from the client to a remote speed-test site, correct?

Have you tried a different channel? Typically 1, 6, and 11 are recommended.

Are you comfortable logging into the device with SSH? If so, what is the “config wifi-device” section in /etc/config/wireless?

From a very different device, it is the section that looks something like

config wifi-device 'radio0'
        option type 'mac80211'
        option channel '1'
        option hwmode '11g'
        option path 'platform/soc/a000000.wifi'
        option htmode 'HT20'
        option legacy_rates '0'

You can post using the pre-formatted text button, </>

never mind, I did a factory reset, it’s working fine now, thanks :+1::grinning:

2 Likes

sorry guys i mistakenly deleted the reply

config wifi-device 'mt7628'
    option type 'mt7628'
    option htmode 'HT40'
    option ht_txstream '2'
    option ht_rxstream '2'
    option hwmode '11g'
    option channel '6'
    option noscan '1'
    option txpower '20'
    option txpower_max '20'
    option country 'US'
    option region '0'
    option band '2G'

config wifi-iface
    option device 'mt7628'
    option network 'lan'
    option mode 'ap'
    option encryption 'psk2'
    option wds '1'
    option ifname 'ra0'
    option ssid 'TopFloor'

btw could I just use a command like erase nvram to fasten it up? if yes, could someone tell me where to post the command? :slightly_smiling_face:

For US is the best:
1, 6, 11 or auto

For Europe is the best:
1, 5, 9, 13 or auto

For traveling arond the word:
use 1 or auto

Selecting channel on is usually faster than selecting auto.

You can see, channel on or auto should used as defoult for global vendors and not channel 6 like usualy.

For getting 300MbIt and not only 150 MBit on WiFi, we need to wait for a fix of the gli.inet 50% WiFi speed bug. See the the open bug on bug tracker:

Now i have seen, “you option hwmode ‘11g’”:

• if possible selct like: a, g, n, ac
  • if you dont need: disable; b or b compatibility in advanced settings

No. Channels 1, 6 and 11 are the ONLY channels on 2.4ghz that don’t overlap and cause interference with another channel, it does not matter where you are in the world.

On the other hand, you should always do a site survey with a phone, and see what channels are most congested and pick another of the 3 above.

[quote=“Johnex, post:10, topic:9194”]
No. Channels 1, 6 and 11 are the ONLY channels on 2.4ghz that don’t overlap
[/quote]:

• No. Channel 6 and 11 is overlapping p.e. in europe.

Use for old n or ac wifi channel 1 or auto.

By the way. Its time to replace the old ac, n and older, by Wifi 6 devices…

• Not only depend on solving the WiFi low speed problems.

I don’t know how you have it in your country but i am in Sweden, and doing a site survey in multiple locations looks like this:

Most people are using 1 6 11 as they should, only a few run bad configurations and are hurting their performance. This was in the city center with 100+ wifi around.

Here is how it looks where i live:

All the neighbors are running proper setups, and as you see, channels DONT overlap.

Erm… no

Most folks don’t care these days…

We care about our fellow humans in Sweden :stuck_out_tongue:

• At first will be a good idea, advice non IT layman on installation process, that he should configure the right country for wifi (depend on law of some countrys and depend on technical view. The count of channels and allowed power are different around the world. Depend on this and depend on old 22MHz wifi b are deactivated or not, it make sence to use different channels like 1,6, 11 or 1, 5, 9, 13.
  • 2nd, it can be it will be a good idea to add the wifi country config to normal admin menue. I guess, not so many normal user will ever look at the advanced admin menue.
1 Like

“auto” shouldn’t be used. It doesn’t do anything meaningful.

The implementation of “auto” is not so intelligent. On my experience is:

• selecting cannel on by hand by interested IT guis, usualy faster than other, depend on ist not possible to get problems by misconfigurated other wifi`s
    https://forum.gl-inet.com/uploads/default/optimized/2X/3/3a3254afeb9d64be2fc0f7cb7fd75a4c2dd9183d_2_690x318.jpeg

• for non IT guis, which will never check the speed and why she get which speed, it can be its better to have “auto” as defoult Thats protect a little bit for overlapping from overlapping by useing channel 1to11 configured router in cahannel 1 to 13 or one to 14 countrys. And its protect a little bit a,g,n,ac wifi from overlapping by not deactivated b wifi.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/12/NonOverlappingChannels2.4GHzWLAN-de.svg

See http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/12/NonOverlappingChannels2.4GHzWLAN-de.svg!

The only error: at 40 MHz bandwidth, you should not select channel 3 or 11, but continue to select channel 1 or 13 as with 20 MHz bandwidth, because at 40 MHz main channel 1 uses channel 5 in addition and main channel 13 uses channel 9 in addition, so you get back to 1-5-9-13.

In short:
802.11b:

• channel 1,
  • Channel 6,
  • Channel 11,
  • Channel 14
    802.11g/n (20 MHz):
  • Channel 1,
  • Channel 5,
  • Channel 9,
  • channel 13
    802.11g/n (40 MHz):
  • Channel 1+5 (Upper),
  • Channel 5+1 (Lower),
  • Channel 5+9 (Upper),
  • Channel 9+5 (Lower),
  • Channel 9+13 (Upper),
  • Channel 13+9 (Lower)

Meaning Upper/Lower: Sets the second channel for 40 MHz in the scheme 1-5-9-13, so that for example at 5+Lower the channels 5 and 1 are used, where 5 is the main channel and at 5+Upper the channels 5 and 9.

Only in this way can 802.11g and 802.11n in the 2.4 GHz network get by without friction!

Unfortunately there are several manufacturers (e.g. Arcadyan or D-Link) who like to set channel 6 as standard. If 40 MHz is then activated, perhaps even ex works, only channels 1 to 8 are disturbed in the best case. Worst of all is the configuration of one of my neighbours. He uses main channel 6 at 40 MHz and unfortunately channel 10 as second channel (6+Upper), so that channels 4 to 12 are disturbed. This means that only channel 1 or 2 can be used to set up an interference-free 20 MHz network, but then the entire 802.11 frequency spectrum is disturbed. A 40 MHz network, on the other hand, is always interfered with.

If only a little thought had been given to the introduction of OFDM in 2.4 GHz, only channels 1, 5, 9 and 13 would have been released for selection by the end user. Then such a horror scenario as described above could not happen.

The image you linked only applies if everyone around you is using the same channel width, but they aren’t. On 2.4ghz you should only be at 20mhz and 1 6 11. Running 40mhz is not worth much if you loose half the speed to interference.

You should be running 5ghz most of the time anyway.

You can read more about when to use wider bands here:

TLDR: Run 40mhz or 80mhz in remote areas. Are you in a crouded environment? Stick to 20mhz channel width or use 5ghz.

It there the still issue ?

For getting 300MbIt and not only 150 MBit on WiFi, we need to wait for a fix of the gli.inet 50% WiFi speed bug. See the the open bug on bug tracker:
https://bugs.gl-inet.com/view.php?id=53

Because on my side I have this problem with wifi I have /50% of the real traffic approximately.

Best regards,

Antoine

No, I fixed it by completely resetting the router, works fine now