Meet Brume 2!

We decide not to spend time on USB wifi development. This device will stay as a wired gateway as a VPN box for an add-on to a home network.

2 Likes

I came across GL.inet looking for a wired router, and Brume was the first model I bought, since I already had several APā€™s in my house and had no need for a WiFi router which I had to turn the wireless off. Then I got a couple of mango V2 for a specific project and was sold on the Beryl for travel purposesā€¦
Previously I would let a Raspberry Pi 4 manage the VPN network and DNS services (adguard home) as a gateway, but wanted an all-in-one solution for my network. The Pi is just hosting nextcloud now.

1 Like

Any idea when this will be availabe to purchase and expected costs? Realistically the plastic one would do for me especially if there is a large cost difference as indicated but the aluminium one does look a lot better so Iā€™d need to decide once pricing is known.

Will there be any device at all that would support WiFi through USB stick?

Unfortunately no it wonā€™t

When will this be offered for sale?

Knowing the brume 2 will be on mediatek, same SOC brand as the legendary mango v2, I can believe firmware updates for brume 2 will go for a long long long time

A bit dissappointed that it is not at a higher speed, 1.7~1.8GHz would be nice, maybe when it becomes cheaper

Pre-order will be available by the end of this month. Please subscribe to the email and wait for updates! We will have both the metal and the plastic versions for pre-order discounts: GL-MT2500 / Brume 2 - GL.iNet

1 Like

Is there a list of compatible USB to Ethernet adapters that work with the Brume 2?
Specifically I want to take advantage of 2.5Gbps speeds using the USB interface, so I thought about this adapter that uses the Realtek USB FE / GBE / 2.5G / Gaming Ethernet Family Controller

Would it work?

1 Like

I have used the ALFA AUE2500C with a USB c to a adapter on a Beryl and Slate AX with no problem. I have a 2.5gb that uses the Reatek RTL 8156b chips and it gets really hot. Also you want to check if it is 2.5G,1G Lite mode

1 Like

I just tested on Brume2 with the USB-A to 2.5G Ethernet adapter of the ULT-UNITE brandļ¼ˆThe chip is RTL8156B). It works, but the maximum speed and stability have not been tested. will verify it tomorrow.

3 Likes

Brume 2 pre-order starts now with FREE shipping, terms apply: GL-MT2500 / Brume 2 - GL.iNet

I bought one. :slight_smile:
Just to touch it

Will Brume 2 have IDS? IPS?

Nope :dotted_line_face: What do you need these features for?

I thought it was something you guys had in the works for 4.x.

Just extra security, thatā€™s all. :+1:

2 Likes

Itā€™s also listed on Kickstarter website.

We just post an update on the old Brume Kickstarter page, not doing pre-order there. Pre-order is only available on our official website.

1 Like

Can we get a picture of the Brume 1 vs 2 together? Iā€™d like to see how big it is or how small it is compared to the original

Specs at least say:
Brume 2: 70 x 70 x 22 mm
Brume: 88 x 68 x 24mm
Brume-W: 102 x 68 x 24mm

So a bit smaller, 2 mm more depth but also 2 mm less height. Less width comes probably from 2 instead of 3 UTP ports.

2 Likes