Meet Flint 2 (GL-MT6000 )

You can install qrencode and then make some edits to have QR codes displayed on the LuCi login screen. But if you want QR codes displayed within the GL.iNet UI then you might need to submit a feature request?

If you’ve got a printer then it’d be much easier to do what @admon suggested.

2 Likes

people aware of security and privacy of course did not put their data on a website lol

anyway, that feature is pretty common on other vendor, on my opinion it should be added in gl.inet webgui

Download glinet app your phone and click share network. Will be appear qrcode for main WiFi and guest WiFi.

2 Likes

@solidus1983 - it didn’t work from the openwrt Acme. I tried on ubuntu and managed to generate. However, would have preferred to have an automated method to have the ssl’s updated on its own as expected

@tcp Not fully understanding your post here bud, are you saying that ACME is not working on my OpenWRT builds?

1 Like

Pretty sure this is a mistake.

The screenshot tells me that @tcp is using the HTTP-challenge, which should work on every OpenWrt (at least if nobody removed the firewall itself).

@tcp You might want to have a look into the ACME script I wrote: Is there a way to get a letsencrypt certificate for the factory DDNS on the MT6000? - #4 by admon - Maybe just for understanding the commands and requirements.

Adguard Home’s blog page says you need to turn on encryption IF your AGH server “resides outside your network” as on a VPS (Virtual private server).

Adguard Home overview blog

Does the app show a summary and a detailed graph or data rate of internet traffic? Coming from Asus, I miss not seeing this… Is there a way to enable it… Come to think of it, I don’t see it on the we page either.

Each client you can see traffic.

Another option you can use Adguard Home DHCP to see all traffic if I am right. But must be turn off itself router DHCP (LAN network).

I think this will get implemented on the next firmware releases like 4.6.* if Im not mistaken.

Thanks.

That’s useful, but a summary and live chart would be more handy rather than looking at each client.

Great, this is a useful enhancement to have if the webui can show the current stars but also have a historic chart with different time frames and scales that would be amazing. Even the top 5 or 10 devices using bandwidth would be helpful to see at a glance what is sucking up internet bandwidth when you are troubleshooting…

I was unable to choose the above options of encryption without installing certificates.

It notes above that : “If encryption is enabled, AdGuard Home admin interface will work over HTTPS, and the DNS server will listen for requests over DNS-over-HTTPS and DNS-over-TLS.”.

Therefore is it sure that certificates are not needed if installed on home router…?

That’s right… AGH is also a standalone app that can be installed on a Raspberry Pi or a Docker container. If you needed to remote in it, then you’d need to encrypt the admin page.

How many DHCP clients can Flint 2 handle?

Try this for encrypted DNS (DoH or DoT):

Then check here:

1 Like

All of them.

It does not depend on the hardware but on the configuration. In the GL GUI you could enable 253 of them.

1 Like

Im quite new to Adguard so I need a little bit of help. If I need to use DoH or DoT, do I still need to use certificates? I don’t have plans to access it remotely.

I just need a simple DoH or DoT and nothing else. I also copied your upstream DNS server and tested it using 1.1.1.1 and I’ve got the same results as yours.

Its already working and I only need to use proper DNS upstream, right? I’ve also read something about this on Reddit and I just want to double check if my understanding was correct.

If AGH is on your LAN, and you won’t access it remotely (eg via VPN) then you only really need to worry about the upstream.

You could add few list upstream and Adguard home will auto best ping to connect dns servers.
For example I have 3 list:

About Encrypt setting you can use local certificate if you want :wink:

1 Like

Do I still need certificate even if I dont plan to remotely access my Adguard or use private DNS?

Edit: I think I get it now. Thanks!