Mesh Network B1300

I have some questions concerning using the B1300 mesh feature:

1. It says that the master and sub routers need to have the buttons pressed at the same time but the image seems to indicate that the main router is pressed first. (I have to plug them in next to each other not press main and then the sub router like in WDS)
  2. I tried this and my 5g network disapeared. How can you get but 2.4 and 5 networks meshed at the same time.
  3. If I close the 2.4 network will the 5g mesh work better?
  4. Is it true that the only way to remove the main router from the mesh (and stop using a mesh network) is to revert back to factory settings?
  5. Do other ethernet connections (LAN) need to be removed while setting up the mesh?
  1. Doesn’t matter
  2. 2.4G and 5G will both mesh. 5G ssid will change to the same as 2.4G ssid.
  3. I think so. But now in the firmware it does 2.4G and 5G mesh together be default. You cannot disable one. You can only do manually.
  4. Press and hold the mesh button on the router for 8 seconds for it to exit mesh mode.
  5. No. You just make sure no cable is connected to the WAN port of the mesh node. But yes it is better that you can just disconnect the cables in the mesh node, not the mesh gateway.

This is a further clarification related to the same issue. I have mesh working with 2 B1300s but when I try to add a third it won’t work. I am adding it by pressing the mesh button on the main router until it flashes at medium speed, then doing the same on the new router in the same room. The lights seem to show that it has worked, and the second node appears on the main router web UI.
However, in webui of the new node it will let me log in, but not allow me to log into the advanced settings; it keeps its own SSID and PSK (although this do not appear on the web ui); and you cannot connect to the mesh though it. I have tried re flashing and resetting the device but keep getting the same result.