Modem Mode and VPN Profiles

Hi Im thinking about getting the GL.iNet GL-X3000 (Spitz AX) 5G as my current broadband is pathetic, is it possible to use the device in modem mode and connect to an Asus Router, I have used Asus routers for a long time and feel comfortable with them. If not is it possible to have some devices behind A VPN and others not.

Why would you buy a Spitz and then put it behind your main router?

I am not 100% sure I’m going to do that I just want to know if its an option, I’m just very familiar with Asus routers now, Layout, etc

I am not being snarky, I just really do not understand why you are asking about using the spitz behind another router. If you just need wireless, buy something cheaper. If you don’t need wireless at all, look at the Brume2. If you need cellular WAN, then the Spitz should not be behind the other router.

1 Like

Also, welcome to the community!

I’ve played around with it today, and I won’t need to, Its got all the features I needed, Surfshark Wireguard, and can split what goes through the VPN and what doesn’t. I’m impressed with it.

Maybe you can help me I need to get an Antenna to put on the roof would this be compatible

https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/products/37640-poynting-5g-xpol-a0002/

Search these forums. There have been a few threads on antennas for the Spitz AX over the last few months.

There are also a thread on pass through mode should you want to use your Asus router.