MT-1300 5G and 2.4GHz different SSIDs

Hello GL.Inet and Forum users,

I have always run 5G and 2.4GHz on the same SSID, on stock OpenWrt, letting clients figure it out for themselves

The MT-1300 ships with diffierent SSIDs on the 2.4GHz and 5Gz radios, is there a particular reason why?

One downside to different SSIDs appears tro be the system log gets cluttered with entries
user.info : Function:net_maintain_health_cancelable Line:228 wifi_check_ssids_is_ok

every 5 seconds or so.

I changed mine to both be the same (took -5G off the 5G network name).
Windows still connected on the 5G (867Mbp connection speed would suggest this).

Thanks
Simon

You can just change the two SSIDs and keys to the same. It will depends on your pc to choose which one to connect.

The error message is not related to the ssid.

Hi Alzhao,

thank you very much for your confirmation.
I could not find anything on the error message searching against GL.INET or openwrt with google. As it gives me a line number, I can trawl the script looking for the cause.

However before I do that, any idea what the error message is concerning? Why does it stop when I change the 5G SSID name?

Thanks
Simon

It should be related to repeater manager.

So it should just be coincidence for your case.

Alzhao, thanks for the info.

Simon

Hi smiths -

Did you ever figure out how to prevent the logs from being flooded with these entries? I also have a different SSID than the default, but worth noting that my model only has a 2.4 GHz radio. Would love to clean up these logs. Like yours, mine reads every five seconds:

user.info : Function:net_maintain_health_cancelable Line:228 wifi_check_ssids_is_ok

Thanks!

I think this only happens on old firmware and is fixed in 3.201 firmware

Unfortunately, I’m already running 3.201.

I am facing the same problem. Is your issue resolved?

OneVanilla Login

Hi Guys,

Sorry guys I actually only have 1 x 5G SSID turned on in my MT-1300, so I do not get the error. As I said when I opened the tropic, if I set the SSID for 2.4GHz and 5GHz the same SSID, I do not get the problem.

Hope this helps
Simon