MT1300 (Beryl) now has 4.x firmware in beta (4.1.0 beta 3 is out)

It supports line feeds on my Edge. What browser are you using?

Does work in my Edge 94.0.992.47 x64, still doesn’t work in FF 105.0.3 x64.

[Bugs]:

• upgrading firmware (tested: openwrt-mt1300-4.1.0-0929-1664439218 BETA1 to openwrt-mt1300-4.1.0-1010-1665352640.bin) ignores the Keep Settings switch (i.e. forgets all settings)
  • when scanning for networks to join: 5 GHz networks are displayed as 2.4 (see pic)
  • it does even suggest to join the 5G network of itself (the device that is scanning):

Found another bug. In Luci: “System” → “Software” → Update lists

Collected errors:

There are a lot of open updates.
Also there is an update for nginx-ssl of which I am not be able to install because it need “nginx-ssl-util (>=1.5-1)” Installing nginx-ssl-util 1.6-14 does not help. He doesn’t recognise the installed package.

Bugs I have found:

• I can confirm that 5GHz networks show up as 2.4GHz
  • Hardware switch does not turn on/off OpenVPN, has no effect
  • Cannot find/open samba share on Linux Mint or Oculus Quest2 while DLNA works on both.
  • WiFi country code is set to “US” thus not scanning channels 12-13. Please change.

Mine keeps dropping wireless network at hotel in repeater mode. It picks it up again, but probably drops the connection every 20 minutes at least. Possibly the hotel I’m staying at though, unsure.

Edit - rolled back to latest stable and all fine now. I feel like the wifi driver update isn’t that stable atm in v4

Now Beryl 4.1.0 beta 2 is out:

Download here: https://github.com/gl-inet/gl-infra-builder/releases/download/v4.1.0_mt1300_beta2/mt1300.tar.gz

3 Likes

Be cautioned:

This version of firmware will reset system to default status even has “Keep Settings” option turned on when upgrade.

2 Likes

Beta 2 fixed the following issues for me:

• 5Ghz networks not shown
  • microSD card is now recognized again
  • Luci update search & nginx dependencies

Good work!

4 Likes

How supposed to install? GL.iNet Admin upgrade won’t verify. Going to try UBoot.

It isn’t yet in the download center.

Was trying this from cafebug

:laughing: :upside_down_face: you need to extract it first :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Hello all,

here is my result of testing Beta 2

Fixed:

• 5G and 2.4G networks now appear correctly in the scan
  • Hardware switch now works. I can turn on/off OpenVPN connection

New:

• There is now an “OpenWrt” SSID in addition to the regular ones. Is this intentional?

Still Open:

• Samba shares do not work. I get an “acces denied” message upon trying to access such a share.
  • WebDav shares work in Anonymous mode but not with a user setup.

The above seems to be related to the new user management. n the older 3.2.x software I was able to set up samba shares.

I also noticed that the scan of an attached drive for media files only happens when the unit is powered up. After detaching a drive, deleting some files and then re-attaching it the files still appear in the list. A “Rescan” function would be nice to trigger the rescan of media on a drive.

Thank you for all the work you put into this nice little router. The WiFi is quite fast I can get around 21MB/s when copying a file from the attached hard drive to my laptop over a 5G link. The older 3.2.x firmware only went up to about 15MB/s.

I hope the remaining issues can be fixed soon

1 Like

All seems ok in Beta 2, except so far my FireTv is not discoverable by remote app (is fine in 3.215) and Encrypted DNS kills connection.

I’ve rolled back anyway. Still getting the wireless repeater dropping connection. Doesn’t happen on 3.215.

So far, this version is much better than the beta1. This was a real nightmare, and bricked my beryl the first time. besides that, running adguardhome on this small device is not a good idea !

Beta 2 is causing my connetion to drop out every 30 secs or so.
connected via ETH cable , connects picks up IP from main router, then drops and says no ethernet cable detected a few seconds later reconnects give an IP and works for a few seconds then repeats.

reverted back to Beta 1, same main router , same ETH cable , nothing been changed.

Beta 1 is not having these issues

That was the wrong post was supposed to be for the Flint 4.x Beta 2

I have got beryl running as a access point for 3 days now and has been stable

New user here, tried the beta 2 but in the wireless tab there is nothing, just an error at the top which says “Timeout in response. Please check the network environment or reboot the device.”

I can see everything properly in luci though.

Installed B2 over B1

1. Repeater mode was a little unstable for the first 10 minutes and was ok for a half hour and then was flakey for a bit; ok again.
  2. System|Overview|CPU Load Average reports 4 cores, not 2 (magic upgrade!).
  3. It took several tries for opkg update to complete. That might be related to #1.
  4. If I follow, wireguard has been merged into the kernel as of 5.6, and with 22.03 we are on kernel 5.10. Does this mean wireguard is working in the kernelspace, not userspace, and is therefore faster?