Mt1300 beryl samba not working in repeater mode

Hi, I am doing some testing with this router and I noticed that when the network mode is set to repeater, it is not possible to access via samba the hd connected to the USB port of the router. Is this normal behavior?
I wanted to try this mode to create for example a WiFi NAS connected to the same network as the main router, in order to that the clients connected to the main router (via LAN or wifi) can access the files shared by the beryl.
I don’t want to connect the beryl to the main router with a LAN cable.

In repeater/router mode, it is normal behaviour that the Samba share will not be accessible because access will be blocked by the router’s firewall.

Try adding Port Forwarding for TCP Port 445 from the WAN side to Port 445 to router’s IP address (default 192.168.8.1) on the LAN side via Admin Panel → Firewall → Port Forwards. Then try accessing the Samba share at the same router’s IP address.

CORRECTION:
The Samba share has to be accessed at the router’s repeater WAN IP address from the main router (displayed on Admin Panel), not the router’s LAN IP address (default 192.168,.8,1).

I do not work for and I do not have formal association with GL.iNet

I added the rule in the screenshot, but isn’t working.

Try accessing the Samba share at the router’s repeater WAN IP address from the main router (displayed on Admin Panel), not the router’s LAN IP address (default 192.168,.8,1).

I made a correction to my previous post.

It isn’t working. In addition, when I enable the extender mode instead of the router mode, it is not possible to access the firewall section to open the ports.

It seems Samba needs more “black magic” for file sharing over WAN. :rofl: :rofl:

I added a comment in your other thread regarding using Extender network mode.

File sharing set WAN access, as:

and, repeater OK, access use the repeater wan ip, as:

access samba, use the wan ip: 192.168.88.111

1 Like

it works, thanks. In all my tests I had never enabled the “share to wan” option. Enabled the option I can access the shared hd from the main modem network or from the beryl network without problems. Thank you